Auto-submit not working in Safari - up to date everything

Options
crozlo
crozlo
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there,

I'm the owner of an MSP who has recently added 1P Teams to our tech stack for our customer base, so bravo there!

But this is actually a problem with own personal implementation of 1P Family, which I use on my primary workstation.

I'm using 1P on OS X with Safari - totally up to date on everything including my browser extension - but for the life of me I can't get auto-submit to work. It recently broke for no reason.

• It works fine in other browsers.

• Auto-submit is checked in 1P mini.

• I've restarted the system, quit and restarted 1P mini and 1P app, disabled (and restarted) the auto-submit settings, disabled (and restated) the "keep 1P mini running" settings", uninstalled and reinstalled browser extensions... nothing is working. It auto-fills, but won't auto-submit.

Any advice???

Thanks!
CL

Safari 9.1.1 (11601.6.17)

1Password Version: 6.3 (630031)
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: 1P Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm the owner of an MSP who has recently added 1P Teams to our tech stack for our customer base, so bravo there!

@crozlo: Wow! Cool! Glad to hear 1Password Teams has found a place with your team! :chuffed:

But this is actually a problem with own personal implementation of 1P Family, which I use on my primary workstation.
    I'm using 1P on OS X with Safari - totally up to date on everything including my browser extension - but for the life of me I can't get auto-submit to work. It recently broke for no reason.
    It works fine in other browsers.
    Auto-submit is checked in 1P mini.
    I've restarted the system, quit and restarted 1P mini and 1P app, disabled (and restarted) the auto-submit settings, disabled (and restated) the "keep 1P mini running" settings", uninstalled and reinstalled browser extensions... nothing is working. It auto-fills, but won't auto-submit.

D'oh! I'm sorry for the trouble! That is strange. Forgive me for asking since I'm sure you're on top of this, but I just need to double-check since you didn't mention it: are you certain that the items themselves don't have autosubmit disabled?

We may ultimately need to dig into some diagnostics here, but another possibility is that the specific sites you're trying to login to using Safari may be affected by some recent changes we made to help Google and Tumblr (among others) that's had some adverse affects on some sites. To that end, can you confirm that you're using the same extension version in each browser? Also, if you can give a few example URLs we'll do a sanity check here to see if something is just plain broken with Safari for some reason. Thanks in advance! :)

• glewbel
    glewbel
    Community Member
    Options

Autosubmit is no longer working for me, either, on at least a few sites including Hotmail.com (AKA live.com). I'm on an iMac with the latest version of El Capitan and the latest version of 1Password. For example, 1Password filled in my login and password but did not click "Sign in" here: https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=12&ct=1465156601&rver=6.4.6456.0&wp=MBI_SSL&wreply=https://outlook.live.com/owa/&lc=1033&id=292841&mkt=en-us&cbcxt=out&fl=wld

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glewbel,

I think we're looking at different issue here if submit is working on some sites. The one you mention was brought to our attention recently and is related to some changes we made in 6.3 that had repercussions outside of its intended effect. The way to identify the difference issues being reported here is if you find the sites that don't submit are consistent over various browsers while the original report talks about how it's only in Safari.

The good news is we've been working on a different approach that is in the beta version of our 1Password Browser Extension. I know it helps with logging into live.com. If you're interested at all the following will allow you to test the beta version of the extension out.

1. Uninstall the stable 1Password Browser Extension.
    2. Restart the browser. The reason is to avoid any weird caching issues.
    3. Install the beta version of the extension which is available at 1Password Browser Extensions.

Do you find this helps with the sites you're having trouble with?

• glewbel
    glewbel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. I installed the beta browser extension and it worked perfectly with live.com (hotmail.com) but not with other sites, so it's hit-or-miss at this point.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glewbel: Can you provide some examples? If we can test it, we can probably use what we learn to improve it. :)

• glewbel
    glewbel
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I'll do that via email rather than here.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thanks, @glewbel. We'll continue the discussion in email then. :)

ref: NMM-34499-496

• crozlo
    crozlo
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Brenty,

I'm so sorry I totally through replies would come to my email, so I haven't been checking here.

Ok, so, to answer your top question - yes - I double checked and the affected items do have "Submit when enabled" selected for their individual auto-submit settings.

As far as specific sites, seems to be happening virtually everywhere. Some examples of ones I encounter daily:

• Freshbooks.com
    • amazon.com
    • google
    • icloud

Safari Ext ver: 4.5.6
    Chrome ext ver: 4.5.6.90

**UPDATE: Chrome seems to be working again! Going to try installing the beta safari plugin above and see if that helps...

• crozlo
    crozlo
    Community Member
    Options

OK! The beta plugin (above) for Safari DID fix auto-submit for most all of the sites I've been having trouble with, but not everything is working.

I'll post reference sites here as I encounter them, but one example of one that was working before this issue and is not working now:

• secretserveronline.com

This may be because when you actually enter a username on the above site, if it's not a totally unique username, a third field suddenly appears called "organization code". I had this correctly configured previously so it would instantaneously auto-fill all 3 fields and submit without issue, but the auto-submit feature is no longer working on this site. No a huge deal, just thought you should know!

Thanks for the help and consideration!
    Best,
    C

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

@crozlo: Thanks so much for letting us know! I'm sorry if I'm being dense here, but I'm not clear on what you're having trouble with on secretserveronline.com though.

I saved a new login manually and was able to have 1Password open the URL, fill, and submit the form:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill

Manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form, so I wonder if the site has changed in some way, or if something new we're doing in the extension causes your old login to work differently. Please let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.