Watchtower not recognizing a changed password

Options
tbux
tbux
Community Member

I changed both my and my wife's passwords on the U.S Custom's Global Entry Site. While her change caused her entry to be removed, mine remained as a vulnerability.

How can I remove it from Watchtower?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Watchtower

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tbux,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I didn't even know the site was coming up in Watchtower. My own Login for GOES is not showing up as vulnerable in 1Password, and I'm not seeing it listed in Watchtower as vulnerable:

https://watchtower.agilebits.com/check?h=goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov&port=443

Was it a different URL you were referring to? Or had your password not been changed since August 08, 2014? I guess that could also explain it.

The only way to get a Login removed from the Watchtower list in Security Audit is to change its password. I'm surprised that didn't work in your case. What happens if you edit the item to add a single character to the end of the password, then edit it again to remove the character you just added?

That way you don't have to go through the process of actually changing the password again (if you've already changed it on the site), but 1Password will see it as a "change".

• tbux
    tbux
    Community Member
    Options

Hi khad,

The GOES URL is the same and both our passwords had not been changed for a couple of years.

Your suggestion about editing the item by adding a single character worked.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Great! Thanks for letting me know it is working now. :)

Do let us know if you have any other trouble.

Have a marvelous weekend!

This discussion has been closed.