Www.verizon.net option myverizon will not load a saved userid but it does load the password

Options
BarryW
BarryW
Community Member

When I go to www.verizon.net and select myverizon, the username will not load but after I type in the username the password can be loaded automatically

1Password Version: Latest mac version
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Latest version
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Www.verizon.net option myverizon will not load a saved userid but it does load the password

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BarryW,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

• Can you give me the exact URL of the page where you are having trouble? I want to make sure I am testing the same thing as you. :)

• Can you also provide the version numbers for the main 1Password app and the 1Password extension you have installed? "Latest version" can sometime be incorrect if there is a problem with automatic updates, so that's why we ask for specific version numbers.

• BarryW
    BarryW
    Community Member
    Options

The URL is www.verizon.com/home/myverizon. On my IPAD and IPhone I am using IOS 9.3.2 and 1Password version 6.4.2

• BarryW
    BarryW
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to go to this URL directly and it did not seem to work. You might need to go to www.verizon.com and then click on myverizon option. This should take you to login page

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BarryW,

Thanks for the URL and the version of 1Password on your iOS devices! I'm a little confused though, because your original message said you're using the "Latest mac version" and you posted your message in our Mac forum. So just to make sure we understand, is the problem happening on your Mac or on your iOS devices? (Or both?)

If you're having trouble filling your username on that site on your Mac, then we'll also need to know the following:

• Click the  menu in the top left corner of your screen and choose About This Mac. What is the version number shown in the window that opens?
    • Open the main 1Password app, click the 1Password menu at the top of the screen, and choose About 1Password. What is the exact version number shown in the window that opens?
    • In that same window, does it show AgileBits Store or Mac App Store?
    • Which web browser are you using on your Mac?
    • Open your web browser, click the menu with the name of that browser at the top of your screen, and choose About [browser name]. What is the version number shown in the window that opens?
    • To find the version of the 1Password extension installed in your browser, please follow the appropriate steps here: https://support.1password.com/update-extension/ What version of the 1Password extension is installed?
    • What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill your username on that site? For example, do you open the site in your browser, click the 1Password extension icon, and choose your Login item for Verizon? Or do you open the site in your browser and then use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut? Or do you do something else?

Thank you in advance for letting us know those details, it will definitely help us to help you resolve this! :)

• BarryW
    BarryW
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem on all my devices. At the moment we are away from home so I am experiencing the problem on my iPhone and iPad. On these devices I get to the Web site through 1Password. On my MAC, I get to the site through the web browser - Firefox. At the moment, I can only tell you that on the Mac all my software is the very latest version. For 1Password I even have the interim option turned on, so I install all the development versions as well as the final released version. For the MAC, it will be necessary to wait till after the 4th of July, before I can give you versions directly from the software. For the iPad and iPhone the versions are as stated in my previous response.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for clarifying, @BarryW. I was wondering why you were posting the Mac category about a problem on iOS, but I understand that you simply aren't near your Mac until after July 4th. :)

I think it will be much easier to resolve this on your Mac. 1Password is a bit more powerful on the desktop. So if you were able to wait to resolve this until you are back at your Mac, I think the process will be much easier for you. For now, you could just copy and paste your password to sign in. You can probably even use the Verizon app on your iOS device to make it even easier.

However, I'm happy to try to get things working for you right now if you'd like.

I was able to get everything working correctly on my iOS device:

1. I created a new Login item and entered my Verizon username and password and this URL: https://www.verizon.com/home/myverizon/
    2. Then, when I tapped the URL in the Login item, 1Password opened https://www.verizon.com/home/myverizon/ and filled in my username.
    3. I tapped Sign In to go to the next page where Verizon was asking for my password.
    4. I tapped the "key" icon at the bottom of the browser window in 1Password, then selected my Verizon Login item.

My password was filled in, and I logged right in to the site.

Please let me know what happens when you follow those steps to create a new Login item and sign in like that.

• BarryW
    BarryW
    Community Member
    Options

I did just what you said you did but I still cannot get the Userid to load. Let me wait till I get home and see what my MAC does. If problem persists I will get back to you. Not really a big deal to have to type my user name. Important thing is my Password does fill in, so I don't have to remember it

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry to hear it still doesn't work on iOS! But as Khad said, this will be much easier to solve on a Mac. When you get a chance, just let us know the information I asked for in my previous reply, and we'll continue from there. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.