Export from Personal to Team

dexter124
dexter124
Community Member

Hi I have a personal copy where I have a few tagged "shareable" items. Is this a possibility to export all these tagged item and import it into a team account to share with someone? thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dexter124,

I'm afraid I'm misunderstanding the question, but it sounds like you want to selectively share 1Password items via 1Password Teams?

Whether or not that's possible depends on your approach. If you and the person with whom you want to share these items signs up for 1Password Teams you can absolutely share items with them by putting them in a single vault that both of you are able to access.

If you don't want to sign up for 1Password Teams you can still give them access to that information by sharing the vault via Dropbox if they are also a 1Password user.

If you just want to share these individual items, you can do so by using the built-in share features of 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS. Note that items shared in this way are not encrypted and are sent as plain text using the communications platform you choose.

If I've misunderstood and you just want to move to 1Password Teams, you can do so by following this guide to making the switch.

Let me know if any of those help!

• dexter124
    dexter124
    Community Member

Thanks. Here is what I was trying to do.

• Currently have a Personal 1Password Desktop. Some items are tagged such as "Work".
    • Got a new Team account. Import all the "Work" items into the Team Account. I would like to do it thru browser if possible as I want to keep these "Work" Items separate. Please advise!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for clarifying, @dexter124.

When you follow the steps here to move items, you don't have to move all of them. You can select just the items you want to move and move them into a specific vault:

https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/#import-data-into-your-new-account

If you are stuck on any part, let me know where you are stuck. I am happy to provide more specific assistance. :)

This discussion has been closed.