Where can I get a download of iPassword 5? I already have a license for it.

patrickfallon
patrickfallon
Community Member

I have recently re-formatted my Macbook Pro and have reinstalled 1password. However, I just discovered I reinstalled the newer iPassword 6 and it's not syncing. My license is for iPassword 5 but I can't find a copy of this version anywhere to reinstall. Please provide a link so i can download the software I have paid for. Cheers, Patrick

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The same licence works for versions 5 and 6. We need a bit more information as to what happens when you try to sync, what sync method you are using, and so on. The more info the better. Then someone from AgileBits (or another experienced user who knows more about syncing than I do) will help you through getting things to work.

There should be no reason for 5 to be better than 6 in any way.

• patrickfallon
    patrickfallon
    Community Member

sorry, let me change that question...1Password on my Macbook Pro (version 6) doesn't have the sync button showing in preferences and isn't syncing with 1password on my iMac (it was but I recently reformatted the MBP and reinstalled 1password). I assumed this was because my license is for 1pw 5 not 6 but I just checked on the iMac and 1pw6 is running fine there. How do I get 1pw6 on my MBP to sync with my iMac? Cheers, Patrick

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi Patrick ( @patrickfallon),

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're having with 1Password and the different ways in which it works! I think I know what's going on here. You can either use 1Password the traditional way and sync via Dropbox or iCloud or you can have a subscription to 1Password Families. In this case, your data is stored on our servers, and you don't need to set up syncing so you wouldn't see this option at all. I think that you've created a Families account by mistake.

In order to use 1Password the traditional way and set up syncing you need to go to Preferences in 1Password, and click on Advanced. At the bottom you'll see "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts", you should enable this. Now you should be able to see the sync option on the menu and set it up as you usually do!

Please let us know how this goes for you and if everything works as expected! :chuffed:

• patrickfallon
    patrickfallon
    Community Member

Problem solved, thanks Pilar! For some reason after I refromatted the Macbook Pro syncing switched off in 1password on my iMac and it seems I somehow accidentally installed a trial version of 1password Families on the Macbook Pro. All synced up and working fine now. Thanks for your help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad to hear it's working for you! On behalf of Pilar, you're very welcome. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.