I use 1Password on iPhone, Windows and MacBook but I can't them to all use the same Dropbox file.

richitt
richitt
Community Member

I use 1Password on my iPhone, MacBook and Windows 8 machine. I set each up to back up and restore from the same Dropbox file. I set up DropBox on each and sync the 1pasword files that I thought contains the password vault. But it doesn't work. Is there some doc that really explains how to set up 1Password on three devices?

Pat R

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I use 1Password on iPhone, Windows and MacBook but I can't them to all use the same Dropbox file.

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @richit ,
    Ohh, that sounds frustrating…
    First a question

• is one of your devices syncing with Dropbox and displaying your data?

If so, go to your 1Password Preferences/sync on that device and check the name of the vault. There are two possibilities - it may be OPVault or agilekeychain . Once you have identified your vault, open your Dropbox 1Password folder. If you see both an OPVault and an agilekeychain, delete the one that is not being used.
    On your next device, go to Preferences/Sync and set 'None' then reset to Dropbox and choose the 1Password folder.
    Repeat on each device.
    I hope this helps, if not, please explain what is happening. One of the AgileBits team is sure to be along soon.
    Cheers, Rob

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@richitt the steps Rob outlined should help get things sorted. But to answer your original question, there is indeed a document explaining how to set up syncing via Dropbox on your devices! You can find it right here -- "How to sync your 1Password data." If you want to poke around that (I know sometimes having an illustrated guide makes things easier) that should help, otherwise follow Rob's steps and take it from there :)

This discussion has been closed.