1Password extension not working in Chrome, but working in firefox

Options
sguinness
sguinness
Community Member

When I use the 1Password extension for Chrome to fill in log-in data, the username field is completed, but the password is not. I have re-installed the extension and restarted my computer, but it is still not working. However, the extension is working correctly in Firefox. I assume I have some settings in Chrome wrong. Can you help me find what they are?

1Password Version: 6.3.1 (631005)
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password extension not working in Chrome, but working in firefox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sguinness,

That sounds like an annoying problem, but I'm sure we'll find a solution in no time! I'd like to ask you a couple of questions to get a better picture of the problem. Those this happen on every site that you try to use the extension or only in some of them? Can you access correctly the same site in Firefox but not Chrome? In which of the browsers did you create the entries? For how long has this been happening?

I hope to hear back from you soon with some more information so we can get to the bottom of this! :chuffed:

• sguinness
    sguinness
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,

It would seem that 1password extension is conflicting with un-passwordise https://goo.gl/HlHGRA extension. When I disable un-passwordise, 1password extension works. Is there any way I can have both? Or is it best to change the password reveal extension?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sguinness are there logins you haven't saved to 1Password? Based on what the other extension does -- reveal passwords as you type them instead of concealing them -- I'm afraid I don't see how that would be useful if the logins are automatically filled and submitted by 1Password ;) If there are logins that you haven't saved, maybe this guide will help so you can use the 1Password extension in Chrome and not have to worry about the un-passwordise extension :)

• sguinness
    sguinness
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott Yes, you are right, there is no real need for un-passwordise. It was just force of habit to run it, and it reminds me to update the password if necessary. When I started this thread, I didn't understand that it was unpasswordise causing the conflict - I don't think it did before, so an update of theirs, yours or Chrome must have started it. No biggie. I'll just get rid of it.

Thanks.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.