Want to share with son.

paulbear7
paulbear7
Community Member

What is the safest and easiest way to allow my son to access the data in this file from another computer? He has a PC.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I am using 1P v6.0.2 on my iMac under El Capitan. But I can't sync to my iPad Air 1P v4.0.4. Help!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @paulbear7,

Thanks for asking about this.

You posted in the 1Password Families category, but you indicated that you are syncing with iCloud. Do you have a 1Password Families subscription?

If so, it's pretty simple to invite him to your family account. Let me know, I can walk you through it. :)

If not, I would recommend a 1Password Families subscription. It's the easiest way to share data with your family:

https://1password.com/families/

• paulbear7
    paulbear7
    Community Member

HI Khad -

I'm not certain I'm syncing with the cloud rather than just on my LAN. In any case, this is only a one-time requirement and I can't justify a monthly subscription. Any other thoughts?

Paul

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@paulbear7 does your son use 1Password on his PC? If so, you could share the information with him by syncing with Dropbox and giving him access to that information. That isn't perfect -- it would require you to either share your Master Password and sync an entire vault or share a single vault with him via Dropbox. Those are two options.

But if this is a one-time requirement it might make sense to either print the items or to give your son access to your 1Password vaults. Or, if you're OK with sending your data unencrypted and doing so one item at a time, you can select an item then go to Item > Share > Mail or Messages and send it that way.

I know that's a lot of information, but I figured it best to give you all the options than to guess at your setup or with what you would be most comfortable :)

• paulbear7
    paulbear7
    Community Member

Hi Nmot -

Is it possible to print all of the items including the revealed passwords? I can then just mail the printout to him.

Paul

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@paulbear7 sure is!

You can do so by selecting the items you want to share and going to File > Print > Entering your Master Password. That should about do it :)

• paulbear7
    paulbear7
    Community Member

Hey Nmott -

Followed what you suggested, but the format would have required 53 printed pages. So what i did was to "select all" and then, in "file" exported it to my desktop as a "comma delimited .csv" file. The file opened as a numbers spreadsheet. After massaging the columns, I re-exported it as an excel file and attached it to an email. I opted for password protection and sent it along in the email message. I already have confirmation that it has been received and opened.

Thanks for your help. It got me started in the right direction.

Paul

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@paulbear7 I'm glad that you got everything sorted! I didn't recommend exporting as a CSV just because I've never tinkered with it and I didn't want to subject you to my testing ;) But since everything's good now, please let me know if I can at least help you find the right path in the future :)

This discussion has been closed.