I am unable to make contact with support team! Can't sign in, can't get account info can't confirm

Options
FredCutler
FredCutler
Community Member

Can't get account key,

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OSX10.11.5
Sync Type: izvlouf
Referrer: forum-search:I am unable to make contact with support team! Can't sign in, can't get account info can't confirm

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FredCutler I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

When you created your 1Password account an Emergency Kit with your Account Key was automatically generated for you. Did you download that PDF and save it somewhere or print it? Barring that, have you connected your 1Password account to any of the apps? You should be able to find your Account Key in either place if that's the case. Or, if you can sign in on 1Password.com, you can find it by going to Account menu > My Profile.

We can't find your Account Key for you; it's a random string that only you know which is used to encrypt your information. It would be convenient in times like these if we could access it, but in general it would be a security risk. I hope that makes sense :)

• FredCutler
    FredCutler
    Community Member
    Options

I re=registered. Any info prior to 6/27/16 should be ignored!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FredCutler,

I'm not sure if I understand what you re-registered for, or what info you'd like us to ignore - however, it sounds like you may have solved the problem, in which case I'm very happy to hear that! :) But if you need more help or have questions about any of that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.