When will 1Password for Windows Chinese language pack be ready ?

The Mac version has been support Chinese language already? And I see the translate project has been done too. When will the Chinese language support be ready for us ?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.064
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @fanwu,

It won't be supported in 1Password 4 for Windows due to its interface not being able to handle multi-byte languages.

However, this is something we're working on already for the upcoming 1Password 6 for Windows as its whole interface supports multi-byte languages.

We don't have it localized to the Chinese languages yet but it is on our list. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe on when this will be available.

• fanwu
    fanwu
    Community Member

When will 1Password 6 for Windows be release ? Since I just brought a version 4 license for my New Alienware.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fanwu: We're shooting for August, but it may not matter to you unless you're a 1Password Families/Teams subscriber. While it has basic support for "local" vaults (read-only), it's focused on supporting 1Password Families/Teams since there wasn't a native app for those previously. We'll be adding full local vault support and other features down the road, but if you're not using 1Password Families/Teams, 1Password 4 is a stable, mature app that will serve you well. :)

• fanwu
    fanwu
    Community Member

Yeah, I really believe 1Password 4 is a stable mature app that will serve well, although it lack of Chinese language localization support

\(^ ^)/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@fanwu: It is. However, it isn't possible for 1Password 4 to fully support dual-byte languages. Your English ability led me to believe that you'd be able to navigate the app. Though the groundwork is there so that we can in the future, 1Password 6 does not support Chinese yet either.

• fanwu
    fanwu
    Community Member

Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! I'm sorry I don't have better news for you right now, but we're building the new version of 1Password from the ground up with localization and accessibility in mind. Thanks for your encouragement!

This discussion has been closed.