Auto start 1Password after update [Planned]

Options
ntimo
ntimo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,
It would be really nice if 1Password would start if self after an update :)

Thx,
Timo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ntimo,

It's already planned. :smile:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Nice, can't wait for this would be really awesome :) thanks

• MikeT
    Options

We can't either.

Please do let us know if you see anything else that we should improve on soon.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I wonder if you could make it so you don't have to re-pin the 1Password Beta app to the taskbar after each update (and also have an option to not create the desktop icon). It's a minor inconvenience having to re-pin it, but hopefully this is something that can be considered for a future update :+1:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@pbyanw you don't have to repin it every time pinning it for one time works for me.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@ntimo - I know there's been a lot of updates to the beta's update system recently so I wonder if this has changed? Will have a look next time the app get's updated - thanks for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pbryanw: Previously we were using Microsoft's OneClick distribution, and that had the "fun" side effect of each update having a new file path...which is what made pinning it an exercise in futility.

But as ntimo alluded, earlier this month we moved to HockeyApp for distribution and reporting, and since the app now has a tactic location, you should be able to pin it with impunity now. Cheers! :pirate: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.