data base corrupt cannot see logins unless on the page wanted

Options
Rodwynn
Rodwynn
Community Member

All logins have disappeared unless I am on the required page and so am unable to put in payment details etc. unless I again type them all in manually. I have tried inputting details into a card and saving but get the message data base corrupt , is this my mac or 1password data base. I have also deleted and re-installed 1password but still nothing.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: latest osx
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:data base corrupt cannot see logins unless on the page wanted

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rodwynn,

I'm sorry you're having a bit of trouble with 1Password! I'm sure we can help figure out what's going on.

All logins have disappeared unless I am on the required page and so am unable to put in payment details etc. unless I again type them all in manually.

To make sure I understand, are you having trouble filling a Login item on the sign-in page of a website? Or are you having trouble filling a Credit Card item on a payment page?

To fill a username & password on a sign-in page of a website, you'll need to save a Login item for that site. When you go to that site and click the 1Password extension in your browser, it will suggest Login items that match the website you're currently viewing. The rest of your Logins are still there and can be seen in the 'Logins' submenu of the extension, but they won't work to fill your username and password on the current website unless they match that site's address.

On the other hand, in order to fill credit card information in a payment form, you'll need to create a Credit Card item. When you see a credit card form on a website, you can have it filled in by clicking the 1Password extension, going to the Credit Cards submenu, and choosing the Credit Card item you want to use.

I have tried inputting details into a card and saving but get the message data base corrupt , is this my mac or 1password data base.

I'm not sure why you would be getting that error. Are you trying to save your credit card details from your web browser or within the main 1Password app? In order to create a Credit Card item in 1Password, make sure you follow the steps in our user guide here: Adding an Identity and a Credit Card

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Rodwynn
    Rodwynn
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Drew
    I perhaps have not explained clearly. I have been using 1password for many years and have all my logins in the app but when I open the main 1password window it is telling me I have no logins, but I can get them in the mini but only when on the page for that login. there is no list of logins so if I cannot remember the site I want I cannot search for it, when I put in a search for a login it says no item found although I know it is there. That is to say if I searched for Amazon it would say no item found but if I go to Amazon page and then click the mini extension that log then appears but no other info.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rodwynn: Aha! Thanks for clarifying! It sounds like you may have multiple copies of 1Password, and perhaps also multiple vaults in each. The best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.