1Password always choose a connection over the several others set for a site

bholveck
bholveck
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having an issue since recently which is a bit annoying.
In my 1P database, I've got 14 connection entries for apple.com website (multiple developper accounts, family members accounts, iCloud, iTunes...).
In Safari, when stroking cmd-\ in an apple.com website, I was accustomed to have the list of entries presented so I could select the login entry I wanted.
Instead, now 1P fills the form with one of the entries without prompting. It is always the same entry, and it is not the first in the alphabetical ordering of the entry names. However, it seems that it's the first in the ordering of the login name.

I don't recall the version of 1P it started happening, but I'm pretty sure it dates from 2 to 3 months ago.
It is really weird behavior, and I'm wondering wether I can do something about that.

Hope you'll be able to help!

Best regards,
Bertrand

N.B.: Safari 9.1.1

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bholveck,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I can imagine that this might be a bit frustrating. I think I know how we can fix it though.

When you ask 1Password to fill, 1Password looks at the web address you are currently viewing, and tries to find a match within your Login items. What I think is happening here is that one of your Apple ID items has a web address that is a closer match than the others. This is why 1Password is simply filling instead of showing you the entire list.

To fix this, all we need to do is make sure that the web addresses in your Apple ID items all match. I’d suggest copying the web address that you’re currently using to log into apple.com, and pasting it into each Apple ID Login item. Once all the web addresses are the same, 1Password will prompt you to choose which item to use instead of filling.

Now, that should get you sorted out, but I wanted to share with you how I log in to websites. I’m not sure it’s quicker than your method, but it would also bypass this issue:

• Use ⌘⌥\ ( Command-Option- \ ) to open 1Password mini.
    • The search field is automatically active, so I can immediately start typing to find the name of the item I wish to use.
    • Once the entry is highlighted, I hit Enter and 1Password will open a new tab to the correct web address and fill my information.

This saves me the trouble of manually typing in a web address, which I think is pretty handy.

Please let me know if changing the web address in your Apple IDs helps with your situation - if you have other questions or concerns, we’re here for you!

• bholveck
    bholveck
    Community Member

That's exactly what I needed. Many thanks!

Bertrand

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Bertrand ( @bholveck ),

So glad I could help!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, you know where to find us! :)

This discussion has been closed.