1Password doesn't work on Southwest Airlines website anymore

It looks like Southwest Airlines changed their website. 1Password no longer works with it on the Mac. If you go to southwest.com in Safari or Chrome on the Mac, then click on "Log In" at the top, the 1Password extension can't autofill that new pop-up window that now shows up on their site.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scotty321,

Thank you for mentioning this issue to us. I've filed a report for you, we're working to solve it! While we sort out how to make it work on the main webpage, you might want to try this workaround. If you edit the website URL and change it to the alternate login page: https://www.southwest.com/flight/login 1Password should be able to fill properly.

Please let us know if you try this and how it goes! If there's anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Pilar, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that URL helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Me too. But oddly enough, before you click the login button, the login form doesn't exist on the page, so it doesn't show up when querying the page about its details. You'll notice that while autosave works, if you try to manually save a new login nothing happens; since there's no login form on the page, 1Password does nothing. So, that means that 1Password tries to fill, it sees a page with no password field, so it has no clue what to do. There may be ways around this we can try in the future, but it would mean some fundamental changes to how 1Password works. So that's more of a long-term thing, and we'd also need to be sure that refactoring things for an edge case doesn't have adverse effects on a plethora of other sites. :pirate: :+1:

ref: OPX-904

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scotty321,

On behalf of brenty, you're welcome! When sites decide to go "creative" or put obstacles on their login process they only make it harder for their users to stay secure out there :(

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scotty321,

I'm wondering if you'd be willing to try the beta 1Password Browser Extension out? Just this morning we released 4.5.7.b5 which includes a fix to help with the main Southwest page.

Now of the two browsers you've mentioned, Chrome is kind of the better one for beta testing. The reason why is both Firefox and Chrome will auto-update extensions whether they are beta or not. That means you don't need to constantly remember and check. Safari on the other hand is different. Safari will now only auto-update extensions available from their Safari Extension Gallery and we're only able to publish the stable version there right now. So testing in Safari would mean every so often looking in the Extensions tab of Safari's preferences to see if there is an update. If you're anything like me you'll never remember.

In general, if you're willing to try a beta of the extension out here is what you will want to do.

1. Uninstall the 1Password Browser Extension already installed.
    2. Restart the browser.
    3. Download the beta using this link, 1Password Browser Extensions.

If you're wondering what the problem with the main page was. In order to work with a number of sites we need to check for certain dynamic behaviour these sites exhibit which means focussing on certain fields to see if they change. The problem with Southwest is certain text fields caused a popup to appear and the site would close the login popup before displaying the new one. We've determined precisely why it was happening and add a restriction so that it doesn't now.

The fix will eventually make it into a stable, it's just if you wanted to try it out and see if it works as well for you as it does during our testing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. I know we have a few team members here who were jonesin' for a fix here too. I don't even wanna know what eldritch ritual lil bobby had to perform, but hopefully we can put this behind us...at least until the next Southwest website redesign. :lol:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scotty321,

We've just today released version 4.5.7 of the 1Password Browser Extension which includes the fix for Southwest. The extension for Firefox and Chrome has been published and the browsers will update automatically but I confess I don't know the precise scheduling they use to determine when to check.

The Safari version will take a little longer. It's manually vetted but it has been uploaded to Apple so it's just a matter of time. We have the extension available on our 1Password Browser Extensions page too, we're waiting for Apple to update the Safari Extension Gallery version which is the only one Safari will automatically update.

So you should be able to fill on Southwest soon :smile:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I take it it works for you now. :lol:

On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.