Migrate data of expired trial version to a new family account.

Options
biocram
biocram
Community Member

I've created a new family account and I have invited my girlfriend to it. She has an expired trial version of 1password on her Android device (version 4.5.3). She has accepted the invite and I have confirmed her account. Now she can access the family account with her email/account-key/master password.
Now I'm really confused on how I can migrate all her data to the new family account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:migrating trial account

Comments

• BlueMtnWmn
    BlueMtnWmn
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @biocram. Unfortunately it appears that migrating existing data from an Android device to a Family account is not possible at this time. However, you may be able to sync the data to a different device using Dropbox and migrate from there. I do not see anything that specifically says syncing from an expired trial version isn't possible, so I would think it's worth a try. If you're not familiar with how to sync data, copy and paste this link: support.1password.com/sync-options. Once on the page, go to the "Sync it Yourself" category, and tap the android icon under Dropbox sync for syncing instructions.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@biocram can you offer a little more information about your girlfriend's setup? How much does she have saved to this expired trial version of 1Password for Android? And to what other devices does she have access? Syncing that data to another device and then migrating is one option, but I'm wondering if there's actually a whole lot saved there, given that the expired trial prohibits adding new items.

• biocram
    biocram
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott Thanks for the reply. She has reached the limit of the trial version, so that means that she can't add any other items. At the moment, she has installed 1password only into her phone, but if needed, she can install it on her windows 10 computer. How do you suggest me to proceed?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@biocram is your girlfriend using 1Password on an Android smartphone running Lollipop or newer?

• biocram
    biocram
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott She has a Nexus4 running Lollipop.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@biocram that being the case, she should be able to sign in to the 1Password account by going to Settings > Accounts > Add Account. Unfortunately there isn't currently a way to migrate existing items using just 1Password for Android, so they'll have to be recreated if she wants them to appear on 1Password.com or any other devices she connects to her 1Password account in the future.

This discussion has been closed.