Sync only give me "Unnamed

Sreyals
Sreyals
Community Member

Hi there, i seem to have run into the same issue as a couple of person as i could find on the forum. I'm currently running 1password on OS X , windows 10 , android (1 phone and 1 tablet) but i have some issue with the sync since I reinstalled OS X on my mac. Base on the info i could find on the forum , that seem to be related to an encryption problem or something like that.

The issue i'm having is that i did the step to wifi sync from my android phone (SG S7 with latest version for 1password and android) back to my mac (created a new empty vault with same master password, activated wifi sync on both devices and synced all that) . I see 2 issue right now. First , all the listing are listed as "unnamed". Second, it only seem to sync one way. If i create a new secure note on my mac and sync it does not show on my phone, but if i create a secure note on my phone it sync to my mac but still list as "unnamed" and without sync the previously create note on the mac.

What i have tried:
1- Did a "Start over" from the help menu, turned off wifi sync on my phone, recreated a new empty vault on my mac , reactivated wifi sync on both devices , ended up with same issue
2-Did a "Start over" again, loaded backup from a file (was synced online in a one drive folder so at least i won't loose my password :) ) reactivated wifi sync (was previously turn off before loading up the back up), synced, same issue
3-Did the same thing as number 2, but i'm using fingerprint unlock on my phone and tought it could be what caused the issue, so I entered my master password manually but still having same issue.

Now my guess is if I delete vault on all devices and start again from that back up, that it will probably all work, but it would be great if that issue could be solve. Hopefully it could help someone else in the future (maybe myself who know) !

Thanks !

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: folder and wifi

Comments

• Hi @Sreyals ,

It definitely sounds like a a decryption issue. "Unnamed" will happen when the item is missing data or it can not be decrypted. What I suggest is to turn off WiFi sync on your Mac, then load all of your items back into your Mac from your backup. Once your Mac is back up and running, then reset 1Password on your phone. Then turn WiFi sync back on, on your Mac, and then set up 1Password on your phone again.

If that doesn't work, please let us know. Also, I'm going to move this post over to the Android forum, in case the issue is recognized by other Android users.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.