Where do I find the OnePassword headings, General, Security, Watchtower?

55__55
55__55
Community Member

Where do I find the OnePassword headings, General, Security, Watchtower? I have clicked on everything possible and cannot find them.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Where do I find the OnePassword headings, General, Security, Watchtower?

Comments

• tullyhansen
    tullyhansen
    Community Member

Hey @55__55,

Sounds like you're looking for Preferences, which (on the Mac version of 1Password at least) can be accessed from the menu bar under 1Password 6 > Preferences… or with the keyboard shortcut Command-,

These'll likely be in a slightly different location depending on platform, so if you let the forums know which version of 1Password you're using (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android) we can point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @55__55 ,

It sounds like tullyhansen got it just right! Just to go on some details, you need to do what he mentioned while you are on the main App of 1Password. You'll be able to find 1Password 6 on the top left corner, right be side Apple's logo.

Please let us know if this does the trick and if there's anything else that we can help you with! :chuffed:

• 55__55
    55__55
    Community Member

Thank you for your help, but I still cannot find Preferences or any of those tabs. I have a MacbookPro 2014 and am using IOs - x. I just bought OnePassword last week. Nothing happened when I typed in Command-. There is no menu bar. Truly, I have clicked on every possible button on the page.

• 55__55
    55__55
    Community Member

Could I take a pic of my onepassword screen and send it to you?

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

You don't see this with 1PW open on your MBP? Clicking on that Menu? Or pressing the key combo of Command key & Comma at the same time?

Which brings up the Preference Window

• 55__55
    55__55
    Community Member

You are genius! Yes, I found what I needed at the TOP of my screen, but not in the body of my onepassword. Thank you!

• tullyhansen
    tullyhansen
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Hey @55__55,

How strange! Taking a pic of the screen and putting it up here in the forums would probably help… if you open the 1Password app and press Command-Shift-3 (I find it's easiest two-handed – hold Command and Shift keys down with one hand, then press 3 with the other) it should take a screenshot of your whole screen and put it on your Desktop. You can then drag this file (it'll probably have a name like Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 12.11.10.png) into the comment box when posting to this thread and it should upload. Make sure you don't have anything you don't want shared publicly showing on the screen at the time, though!

The only other thing that comes to mind is that you might have 1Password running full screen, in which case you won't see a menu bar across the top of the screen – if this is the case, you can move the mouse cursor to the top of the screen to unhide it.

EDIT: Glad you got it solved!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Indeed! Thanks for letting us know all is well, @55__55. That is where you will find the preferences in any app on your Mac. It's a useful thing to know for all Mac apps. :+1:

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Have a fantastic rest of your week!

This discussion has been closed.