My credit card info was autofilling at the proper blanks on sites until recently

jipnet
jipnet
Community Member

When I changed visa cards I removed an old one (a few popped up and I was given the option to remove them). Now none are autofilling. Is this normal? Is it something to do with keychain or with 1password (latest version for latest os x). thx

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:credit card not appearing

Comments

• jipnet
    jipnet
    Community Member

I wonder if this isn't a function of autofill preferences in Safari. I see that you can store CC info there (but not the 3-digit security code). Is that possibly where the information came from? Do you at Agilebits recommend against storing this information in Safari (and only using 1Password)? It could be that I got a 'request' from Safari at some point and assumed it was from 1Password, to store Cc data. It was convenient, to be sure, but it may be regarded as less secure. But I may be wrong about all of this. Stuff happens on the fly...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jipnet,

Thanks for writing in about this! Just to be clear, 1Password doesn't actually have an "auto-fill" feature - in other words, it will only fill your data on a website when you explicitly tell it to do so (for example, by selecting your Credit Card item from the 1Password browser extension). Because sensitive data is involved, we leave the control in your hands.

If your credit card info was previously being filled automatically on websites without you needing to choose your Credit Card item from the 1Password extension, I think you're correct - it sounds like Safari had saved your credit card info and was automatically filling it on websites. Since you're using 1Password, we recommend disabling your browser's built-in password manager, and you can find steps to do that here: Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

• jipnet
    jipnet
    Community Member

Thanks for confirming.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Drew, you are quite welcome! :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

This discussion has been closed.