Credit card PIN

AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Problems viewing items on Apple watch.

Comments

• wgumaa
    wgumaa
    Community Member

Hi guys, is it possible to add a pin field in the credit card section too to appear on Apple Watch? I have a Maestro Card and it shows the pin. But my credit cards also have pins. I don't use all the cards on a daily basis but it's much easier to use watch then pull out the phone to find the pin.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wgumaa: You don't have to add a PIN field. The Credit Card template includes a PIN field already; you just need to fill it in, and it can be displayed on your Apple Watch, along with the account number, expiration, and verification number. This was a popular request from our European friends, so we added it last year. Cheers! :)

• wgumaa
    wgumaa
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. Unless I have filled the template incorrectly, the pin doesn't show up on Apple Watch.

• wgumaa
    wgumaa
    Community Member

Ok I tested. It works. The old templates didn't have it. Will have recreate them. Thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wgumaa ,

On behalf of brenty, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that it's all working now, even if you have to go through some nuisance and recreate some things! If there's anything else that we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wgumaa: Indeed, and I'm really sorry about the trouble there! That's definitely confusing. It sounds like this was an older Credit Card item that perhaps predated the PIN field. Do you happen to know when it might have been created? I'm glad that you were at least able to get it working with a brand new item.

• wgumaa
    wgumaa
    Community Member

@brenty sorry but a long time ago. I think even before you created the iPad version! I have since recreated and deleted. Is there a way to see when it was created? I have Maestro card from those times so can check that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wgumaa: Ah, that's what I thought! Thank you so much for confirming! I couldn't remember the time frame, but I was certain that we hadn't made a change like that to the template in years. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some odd bug we've overlooked. 2009 sounds about right. ;) :+1:

Each item should have a "modified" and "created" date in its details. Obviously we'd be concerned with the latter...but it's also possible that the dates could be "inaccurate" if you'd migrated data — especially by importing/exporting. I'd trust your judgement either way, since it probably isn't often that you add a brand new card, but I really appreciate you looking into this for me. Cheers! :chuffed:

• wgumaa
    wgumaa
    Community Member

@brenty I had a look at the old ones and I created them 14 July 2011.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks again! :pirate: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.