Unable to select credit card in 1P mini

Options
fbrun
fbrun
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Mac

When using 1Password Mini I am unable to select the credit card or just about anything that I want to use.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• fbrun
    fbrun
    Community Member
    Options

When using 1Password Mini I am unable to select the credit card or just about anything that I want to use. The pull down menu seems to stick. If I finally can get it to Credit Cards it is impossible to get it to pick the card that I want to use. It has been doing this for a couple of months.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
    Extension Version: 4.5.3
    OS Version: 10.10.5
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

@fbrun I've taken the liberty of changing the title of your post to something more meaningful.

Please tell us:

• What browser you are using (and the version number of the browser)
    • The 1Password Browser Extension version (the link will tell you how to find that information)
    • Exactly what you mean when you say:

The pull down menu seems to stick. If I finally can get it to Credit Cards it is impossible to get it to pick the card that I want to use.

How are you moving up and down the 1P mini menu? Are you using mouse or cursor keys? Does it make any difference if you use the other method?

Edit: I answered your first post and then came across the newer one which seems to relate to the same problem. I've merged to two threads because it makes support much easier and also makes it easier for you to find the answer you need. I've also revised my original reply to take account of your later post.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fbrun,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with 1Password. Like Stephen, I'd love to hear a bit more detail on what you're seeing. If you would tell us the exact steps that you are taking so that we can try to re-create what you're seeing.

For example, when I want to fill a credit card entry on a website, these are the steps that I take:

• Use ⌘⌥\ ( Command-Option- \ ) to open 1Password mini
    • Navigate to the Credit Card entry (using either the arrow keys or my mouse ... usually it's the arrow keys)
    • Once the appropriate card is highlighted, I press Enter to have my data filled in.

I'd love to hear how my steps are different than yours, or where in the process you are seeing something different.

• fbrun
    fbrun
    Community Member
    Options

Our steps are roughly the same. This has worked before for me. This is not a problem that I am having in Excel menus, or even other safari menus. When I click on the 1Password Mini icon or command\, clicking on credit cards doesn't work, it is like the menu is sticking on the top item. There is nothing that I can do to move the curser down. I've tried different mice, using my arrow keys, but it will not open the credit card sub-menu. and it's not just the credit card submenu. It's hard to get the highlight to move down to another item. Sometimes it will, but then I am unable to switch from the first credit card to the 10th card. I've tried the mouse and the arrow keys there as well. Should I try to send an iPhone video of the problem?

• Hi @fbrun ,

If you can post a video, that'd be great! Sometimes there are subtleties in the speed of the menus displaying, or something minor that isn't noticed that might give us a clue. We're trying to reproduce this here but are having some trouble.

Note, you can also make a recording using the QuickTime Player app and choosing "New Screen Recording" from the File menu. And if you click the little down arrow beside the Record button, you can turn off the audio if you like. Or if making it on the iPhone is easier for you, feel free.

Thanks very much,
    Kevin

• fbrun
    fbrun
    Community Member
    Options

Of course, as was preparing to make the Quicktime new recording, I went thru the steps, and everything seems to be OK now, I was not able to duplicate the problems I've been experiencing. That's good news! If it crops up again, I'll know what to do. I'll make the video first.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fbrun, it's funny when that happens - when you actually want the problem to happen, that's when it suddenly works like it's supposed to. As if the problem is camera shy! :lol:

Hopefully it keeps working the way it should for you, but if it starts happening again, please let us know (and the video would be great too). Cheers! :)

• fbrun
    fbrun
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I haven't followed up on this very well. Went thru a busy season, and have tried to ignore the problem. It really happens everytime I am in 1password, not just 1password mini. It only happens on this machine, 27" iMac mid 2011. Macbook air is fine. PC at work has other problems that I will work on later. I thought it might have to do with memory, so I upgraded to 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, but I am still having a tough time. If I changed my symptom description to it being sticky maybe that would be better. I would like to delete 1password and reinstall on this machine, or rebuild password file. When I tried to make a video it didn't show arrow down or mouse movements that were sticky, since it didn't show my finger movements. If I delete and reinstall, how muck of a mess is that. OS X 10.11.5, 1password 6.3.1

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up on this, @fbrun. We all know a thing or two about busy seasons. I'm glad things have slowed down (at least enough) for you to take time to come back to this.

At this stage, I don't think reinstalling 1Password will help anything. It's a bit more work than I would want to put you through unless we had reason to believe that doing so would be fruitful.

My hunch is that there may be another process running on your iMac that is causing the issue. I don't know what, but it's possible a Diagnostics Report will shed some light. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.