Switched from app store version (1Password6.app) but license still says app store version.

Options

Followed your protocol for switching from App Store version to web version this Spring. In application folder it now reads 1Password6.app as indicated in protocol and after version 6.3.1 it says agile bits store, but under 1Password menu>license it reads App store version. My real problem is that I am trying to add 1Password to an older MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.8 which cannot be upgraded and I downloaded 1 Password 3.8.22 from website legacy downloads. Wanted to sync with current 1Password 6 on my iMac using WiFi sync, but that does not show up as per current manual on 1PW 3.8 and it requested license which I can not find per above. Not sure how to proceed 1) to obtain license info and 2) how to get 1PW vault data onto MacBook Pro.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:Switched from app store version (1Password6.app) but license still says app store version.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lastguy,

My real problem is that I am trying to add 1Password to an older MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.8 which cannot be upgraded and I downloaded 1 Password 3.8.22 from website legacy downloads.

We’d be happy to set you up with a license for 1Password 3. Please email your purchase information for 1Password from the Mac App Store in to our team at support+licenses@agilebits.com. :)

Wanted to sync with current 1Password 6 on my iMac using WiFi sync, but that does not show up as per current manual on 1PW 3.8

Unfortunately, it will not be possible to use Wi-Fi sync between 1Password 3 and 1Password 6. The entire protocol for syncing was re-written in 1Password 4, so newer versions of 1Password use a completely different version of Wi-Fi sync than 1Password 3.

To keep your Macs in sync, I would recommend Dropbox, which is our most flexible sync option. You could also give Folder Sync a shot if you would prefer to use a third party sync solution.

• lastguy
    lastguy
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, Thanks so very much for your prompt response. Will do as you suggest and see how far I get.
    Bruce

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lastguy,

Happy to help! I hope this gets you all sorted, but you know where to find us if you have questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.