Invalid license key

Maxime
Maxime
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I'm trying to enter my license key (data of the license file) and I am getting the "Invalid license key" message.

How can this be solved?

Thanks,

Maxime

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional SP1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@Maxime: I'm sorry for the confusion! The license file is for 1Password for Mac. 1Password for Windows uses a license key, not the text of the file. I'll send a private message to you, so be sure to check for that. I've also resent your license information via email. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Krainwen
    Krainwen
    Community Member

I have same problems in my 1password 4 for Win, could you help me to solve this? @brenty

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Krainwen: Absolutely! I'll send you a private message in just a minute here, in case we need to discuss any personal information associated with your license. :)

• Krainwen
    Krainwen
    Community Member

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! We're here if you need anything else. :)

• julian_ballpark
    julian_ballpark
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I had the trial version installed for a long time with no request for payment. Now that I've paid, I am not able to apply my account key. Windows 10.

• Hi @julian_ballpark,

1Password won't ask for any license/payment if you have less than 20 items as it is free to use with up to 20 items forever. Once you exceed that count, it'll ask for the license.

Unfortunately, I do not see any license with your email address. Could you email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com with the email address you've used to buy 1Password with and we'll try to find it.

• jdalton
    jdalton
    Community Member

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Could you please help me ?

Cheers,

Giuseppe

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jdalton: I'll send you a private message to avoid discussing personal details here publicly on the forums, so be sure to check for that and get back to me if you have any questions. :)

• NathanR
    NathanR
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Have used 1password on mac for a while, and would like to use it on Windows but I don't know my license key string. Can you send me an email? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@NathanR: Sorry for the confusion! You'll only have a valid license key for 1Password for Windows if you'd purchased it along with 1Password for Mac (or separately). I'll send you a private message with some additional details, so be sure to look for that. Cheers! :)

• imaginegirl
    imaginegirl
    Community Member

I've been using the trial and just bought 1Password. In my profile settings and emergency kit, I see an account key but no license key. Where do I find this license key? I get an invalid license key error when using the account key.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@imaginegirl: Indeed, if you've signed up for 1Password Families, you won't have a license. That's one of the great things about it: you just login to your 1Password Account to access your data in the app or browser.

However, 1Password for Windows version 4 predates 1Password Families/Teams, so it will ask for a license. I wasn't able to find any purchase information under this email address, but if you'll shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com with your receipt we'll see what we can do to help. :)

• HilbeH
    HilbeH
    Community Member

Same with me, my 1Password 6 for Mac single license says that it is invalid.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HilbeH: Indeed, as I mentioned above, a 1Password for Mac license is not valid for 1Password for Windows. I'll send you a private message with some additional information, so be sure to check for that. Cheers! :)

• pchen_plaid
    pchen_plaid
    Community Member

Hi @brenty the same issue is for me, please help!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pchen_plaid

I'm glad to hear that you want to use 1Password on more devices! Can you please send us an email to support+licenses@agilebits.com from the email that you used to purchase 1Password we'll see what we can do for you. If you got 1Password directly from the App Store, please include your proof of purchase in your email. Please add a link to this conversation so we can connect the dots and help you better! :chuffed:

• Hadi
    Hadi
    Community Member

Hello
    I've bought 1Password twice;
    -First time was in July/2012 via the Mac app store (this is the license key I'm using currently)
    -The second time was in Feb/2014 as part of a bundle deal (the key is unused, I still haven't activated anything with it since).

I'm trying now to activate 1password on a Windows VM, however, every time I try the "new/unused" key, I get the "Invalid license key" message?

Can you help please?

Many Thanks

-Hadi

• @Hadi,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sending you a private message to solve this.

Cheers,

Alex

• igostling
    igostling
    Community Member

Hello, please can sent me the instructions please.

I have the same situation. 1password key for mac, and Try to activate in other windows PC.
    And i like to know, Is posible to use the online version with this license?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @igostling,

Thank you for reaching out!

Please send us an email to support+licenses@agilebits.com from the email that you used to purchase 1Password we'll see what we can do for you. If you got 1Password directly from the Mac App Store, please include your proof of purchase in your email. Please add a link to this conversation so we can connect the dots! :+1:

Web-interface at 1Password.com is available only if you have 1Password Account, not a license, because this way your encrypted vault is stored on our servers. You can read more about the differences between 1Password Licenses and 1Password Accounts and the benefits of the latter here.

I hope it helps. We'll be looking forward to your email! Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.