Primary Account Deletion

Options
sixtow
sixtow
Community Member

I deleted my Primary account on the family website because thought i didn't need or want it. But the default folder the 1password on my computer uses is the primary. How can i move the login in my computer in primary folder to a different folder or recreate my primary on website?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sixtow,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

If you have a Primary vault in 1Password for Mac, that vault is not connected to your 1Password Families account in any way. You can't view or delete it on 1Password.com. So I'm wondering what it was you deleted on 1Password.com.

If you just have items you want to move from your Primary vault to your 1Password Families Personal vault (which is accessible on 1Password.com), you can follow the steps here:

How to migrate to a family or team

The end of the steps explain how to delete your Primary vault (that is local to your Mac) if you no longer want to use it, and you have the items safely stored in 1Password Families. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• sixtow
    sixtow
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You that worked!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of khad, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

• sixtow
    sixtow
    Community Member
    Options

Now how do you do the same thing on iPhone 6?

• Ben
    Options

@sixtow,

At the moment the process is a bit more manual on iOS. The same guide Brenty linked has instructions, though:

How to migrate to a family or team

Once you've copied your data from your iOS Primary vault into the 1Password Families account you can uninstall/reinstall the app to start over fresh without a Primary vault. Note that this will delete all data within 1Password for iOS so please be sure all of your data is in 1Password Families before doing so.

We hope to make an easier process for the future.

Thanks!

Ben

• sixtow
    sixtow
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see a family or teams account option. Only Apple Watch.

• Jacob
    Options

@sixtow It's actually right above those items. See the one all the way at the top of the list, called Accounts? That's where you can sign in. :)

This discussion has been closed.