Request: feature matrix

Options
antplant
antplant
Community Member

Over the past few days I've been trying to work out whether I can get Families to work with the browser extensions on Windows yet.

I'm pretty sure I can't but still not 100% - I've pieced together bits of information from changelogs, old (outdated) forum posts and blog posts that aren't 100% clear ("basic browser extension support").

I know there is a reluctance to discuss roadmaps and future plans (and as a software engineer I understand that reluctance) but with ongoing development - particularly now that a subscription model is in place - it would be really nice to have an up-to-date feature matrix that lists key features and details current support on various platforms (for both local and Families vaults).

Cheers!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion @antplant! The eventual goal is to not need such a matrix -- we'd like to have cross platform parity wherever possible. But yes, I can certainly see how such a thing may be useful in the short term. A bear to maintain though, perhaps, with the rate at which we're moving forward. I'll pass the suggestion along. :)

Our 1Password for Windows beta does have browser extension support for 1Password Families & 1Password Teams.

Thanks!

Ben

• antplant
    antplant
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, that's odd - on Windows 8 the extension initially finds no helper - after registering the helper explicitly from the app, the Chrome extension then has no logins ("No matching items found").

• antplant
    antplant
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, scratch that - just figured out that it silently fills login forms that are on the page when clicked. Never mind!

Could use a bit of UX polish though!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @antplant

It sounds like you got it working, I'm glad! Thank you for your feedback about the UX. Keep in mind that you're using a beta, which means that some things might still be a bit rocky :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.