I am getting an error message that says 1Password is unable to generate an account key.

Options
billblock
billblock
Community Member

I am getting an error message that says 1Password is unable to generate an account key. and I'm supposed to contact you for assistance.

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 9
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to generate account key

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @billblock,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. This is happening when trying to create a new 1Password Families account, or a new account within a 1Password Families account, correct?

Could you please tell us the exact version of OS X you have? You can check this by selecting the Apple logo (  ) in the menu bar and then selecting About This Mac. You'll see
    "OS X
    Version 10.x.x"

Please post that information.

Also if you could please tell us which web browser (e.x. Safari, Firefox, Chrome) and version you are using that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Ben

• billblock
    billblock
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, my son is trying to respond to an invitation for an account within a 1Password Families account. He is using an IPhone5 running IOS 9.3.2. He is using Safari on the iPhone. Thanks!

• billblock
    billblock
    Community Member
    Options

We found a successful workaround (Chromebook using Chrome) that allowed generation of an account key...

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @billblock! Glad to hear you were able to get things working. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.