trying to move log ins from a Mac with OS 10.6 to a Mac with OS 10.7. your inst. suck!!! help

ok, i tried to follow your online instructions for moving data, mostly log ins, from a Mac with 10.6 to a Mac running 10.7. I followed the instructions exactly for moving data with a zip drive but they don't match whats on my screen.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:trying to move log ins from a Mac with OS 10.6 to a Mac with OS 10.7. your inst. suck!!! help

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @historyvoyager,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty getting your data synced up. Could you tell me a bit more about which instructions you were following? What is your end goal here - are we working to ensure that these two Macs stay in sync, or simply moving your data from an older computer to a newer one in a one-time transfer?

Once we know a little bit more about where things are getting tangled up, we’ll be in a much better position to help you get everything straightened out.

• historyvoyager
    historyvoyager
    Community Member

I'm trying to move data because I would like to stop using older Mac. Syncing is not an issue. One time transfer is!
    I followed YOUR online instructions for accomplishing this using a Zip drive. I read the instructions completely but they asked me to do things that were unclear or not where they are supposed to be.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@historyvoyager: I was surprised to see a "zip drive" mentioned. That's a blast from the past! But after thinking about it, I wonder if you're referring to a USB drive. Are these the instructions you're referring to?

How to move your 1Password data to a new computer or device

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to offer you better instructions for your particular situation. At which point are you running into trouble? Be sure to let us know the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. Then we can clarify any instructions that were unclear to you, and improve them...but we can't do that unless we know. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.