Keyboard not automatically locking

Options
xerox1101
xerox1101
Community Member

I have "Lock on exit" disabled and "Automatically lock" set to after 5 minutes in 1Password for Android. Typically I use the 1Password keyboard and not the main app to enter user names and passwords. I'm not really sure how the keyboard interacts with the main app since unlocking one doesn't seem to unlock the other but I would think the keyboard should also auto lock itself after inactivity. This isn't what I'm seeing though. Sometimes if I wait a few minutes after entering a password and try to unlock the keyboard again it's locked as expected. Other times I'll come back hours (8-10) after I last entered a password and find that the database is still unlocked if I try to access it via the keyboard. This seems like a major security issue to me. Is this expected? Are there other options I'm supposed to set to automatically lock the keyboard? Is there a button to explicitly lock the keyboard somewhere?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @xerox1101. The keyboard abide the app's security settings, so if you have Lock on exit disabled and Automatically lock set to 5 minutes, the keyboard should lock after the app has been inactive for 5 minutes. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.