SUGGESTION - Allow 1 year Families/Team subscription members to download 1Password ver 4

Options
Starmatrix
Starmatrix
Community Member

Hi again,

TL;DR - Can we please get 1Password for Windows ver 4 free with a subscription like the other software platforms? Unless I misunderstand.

One more quick suggestion. I realize that 1Password for Windows version 4 doesn't currently and never will have the ability to work with 1Password for Families/Teams. However as someone who'd like to support the development team (but in the meantime have something that actually works, and lets face it, the 1Password for Windows ver 6 extension is definitely NOT useable for real world situations), the only way I see to be able to be a Windows user and currently get a useable product is to pay for 1Password for Families to get the great syncing and web management along with a fairly simple but gets the job done desktop interface. And then because I need a proper working extension, and version 4 is still the only one that really works, I'd have to pay for that as well.

I guess what I'm saying is, all the Mac, iOS and Android versions of 1Password are all free to subscription buyers, why not all the Windows versions? Unless I'm mistaken and that only applies to the newest versions of those software packages and not the older versions?

Separate question, what actually happens to the full versions of software that we have already installed on our devices if our subscription lapses? Do you actually shut down the ability to edit local vaults? Or just shut down the synchronization and storage of new items on our accounts?

Thanks for taking the time from your busy programming work to answer my questions and ideas!

1Password Version: Windows 6 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox & 1Password Families

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @starmatrix!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

The 1Password apps that are included with your subscription are "unlocked" by logging into your 1Password account. Because 1Password 4 for Windows and older versions of our other apps do not have the ability to login to a 1Password account they cannot be unlocked in that way.

If for some reason you need access to an older version that is not included as part of your subscription please feel free to drop us an email to support@1password.com and we'll see what we can arrange. Please include reference to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/66581/suggestion-allow-1-year-families-team-subscription-members-to-download-1password-ver-4#latest ) in your email.

As for what happens when your account is frozen... if you have a separate license agreement from your subscription you'll be able to continue to work with standalone vaults fully, as well as have read-only access to any vaults that are part of your 1Password account. If you do not have a separate license agreement, all vaults will become read-only.

I hope that helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask!

Ben

• Starmatrix
    Starmatrix
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes this answers it fairly clearly. Thanks for your time.

Tyler

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! You are most welcome. :+1: :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.