Qnap login fails first time, succeeds second time

I am login into my Qnap NAS account using 1Password on Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 10) using the browser add-in. The first time, I get an error message "Your login credentials are incorrect or your account is no longer valid.". The second time I try, I get logged in correctly.

If I enter the admin password myself, I get in on first try. Please note that this is effectively doing the same thing as above. The first try enters the ID and the second try enters the password.

Not a major issue, but very annoying. Anyone has any thoughts?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.6.0.604 (IE)
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tokyo1pw: Sorry for the trouble! Not having a "Qnap" myself, I can't test this, but from your description it sounds like you may actually be running into a limitation of Internet Explorer. There are a few things you can try, both to test this theory and also to work around the issue:

• Use another browser. Internet Explorer is no longer being developed by Microsoft, but there are great alternatives out there.
    • Set the 1Password extension to open the login in the current tab instead of a new one (in Settings > Open Login In). IE is really terrible when it comes to creating new tabs and loading add-ons, so avoiding that will allow for a smoother experience.
    • Navigate to the page to let it load before invoking 1Password.

I suspect that simply trying it in Chrome or Firefox will yield positive results though. Please let me know what you find! :)

• tokyo1pw
    tokyo1pw
    Community Member

@brenty

Thanks for the suggestions.

To clarify. The login window of QNAP is already displayed with the ID / Password fields. I don't see any behavior which suggest there is a popup. The 1Password browser add-in recognizes the URL and displays the login. As I mentioned above, it only fills in the ID and seems to fail with the password. If I fill in the ID and place the cursor on the password field, it logs in correctly. I have not seen this behavior with other sites.

Having said it, I just tried Firefox and I don't see this problem with Firefox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tokyo1pw: Interesting. Thanks for following up! 1Password's Firefox and Chrome (and Opera, and Vivaldi...) extensions use the same technology, but IE's add-on support is pretty limited in comparison. Honestly, I'm not sure there's much hope for improving this in IE going forward given the state of the browser, but it is encouraging that it's working elsewhere. I'm glad to hear that Firefox works better for you at least. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.