Any plans for single user family plan?

Options
jakea
jakea
Community Member

1Password Families seems like the replacement for 1Password Anywhere since that no longer works. Is there an plan to make a cheaper plan for single users who just want to be access their passwords from a web browser occasionally? $5 bucks seems a bit steep for a single user especially when everything I need used to work inside 1Password Anywhere.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

AgileBits staff have said on several occasions that they expect to introduce a "1PW for Individuals" (on the lines of the Families offering, and different from the stand-alone product) at some point. But they have also said that they do not expect to do so in the near future.

I have the feeling that they are thinking in terms of more than just the web access, and so not as cheap as many of us would wish.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jakea: danco is correct. It's definitely on our list of things we'd like to do in the future, but it's not something we have immediate plans for.

1Password Families seems like the replacement for 1Password Anywhere since that no longer works. Is there an plan to make a cheaper plan for single users who just want to be access their passwords from a web browser occasionally? $5 bucks seems a bit steep for a single user especially when everything I need used to work inside 1Password Anywhere.

I guess it all depends on the frame of reference. Compared to using the free trial to create an AgileKeychain and using 1PasswordAnywhere in the past without paying anything, you're right that 5$US a month is a substantial increase. But that's not really a remotely accurate comparison.

In reality, 1Password Families gets you a lot more than web access. For 48$US per year, 1Password Families give you access to all of the apps and web interface, which costs roughly 85$US if you buy the apps individually instead, and can't include web access. Even as an individual, that's a better deal. And it not only includes the same for up to 5 family members, but also makes setup and sharing much easier.

Now, if you only care about web access, then none of that will matter to you. I won't say "never", but I doubt that we'll be adding a true "web only" option which doesn't include any of the apps, or includes only some of them. That sounds kind of lame, to be honest. It could certainly be cheaper, but we're trying to make things less confusing, not more so. But we'll continue to evaluate various options to see what might be a good direction for 1Password in the future. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• jakea
    jakea
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Compared to using the free trial to create an AgileKeychain and using 1PasswordAnywhere in the past without paying anything, you're right that 5$US a month is a substantial increase. But that's not really a remotely accurate comparison.

I was trying to explain my usage pattern and where I was coming from since I've been a paying 1Password user for years. Trying to cheat you guys by using a trial version was not what I was implying.

For 48$US per year, 1Password Families give you access to all of the apps and web interface

Where are you getting $48 from? All I see is $5 a month ($60/year) on https://1password.com/pricing/.

• Ben
    Options

When paying annually there is a 20% discount included, which brings the price to $48 / yr instead of $60 / yr.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

I was trying to explain my usage pattern and where I was coming from since I've been a paying 1Password user for years. Trying to cheat you guys by using a trial version was not what I was implying.

@jakea: That wasn't my intent either, so I'm really sorry if what I said came across that way at all. I was just trying to illustrate the differences, which aren't insignificant, by contrast. We have a lot of awesome customers — yourself included — but we do need to be careful that we don't ruin things for you and for us by driving ourselves out of business. 60$US with the monthly plan is still a better deal than buy the individual apps, but I will always opt for yearly — especially if it saves me money. ;)

This discussion has been closed.