Keeps asking for Apple ID password

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member

Every time I log into 1P after a few moments I get a request for my Apple ID password. If I cancel I get it again. Cancel again it finally dies. Not sure why it's doing this. Believe it started with the current build.

1Password Version: 6.5b7
Extension Version: 4.5.7b3
OS Version: 10
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing happened for me right after updating to current build .. three times total within an hour of update, nothing since.

• MrRooni
    Options

Thanks for the report @TomWolsky and @iamecho . Could one of you snap a screenshot the next time you see it? It's possible that it's tied some recent receipt validation changes we made.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

This help at all?

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto for me.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, guys.

I've intermittently gotten the same prompt on my iPad 2 and iPhone 5c, but not my Air 2. Sounds like @MrRooni knows what might be triggering it.

• anmol
    anmol
    Community Member
    Options

Yep happening to me too over the past few days. :|

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. But keep in mind that if iOS is prompting you for the iCloud password, it's totally okay to provide it! I've found that puts an end to the nagging. ;)

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to be related to syncing. I launch the app; it syncs, and the Apple ID appears. I cancel, and the app sync again. When it finishes, the Apple ID appears again. When I cancel again, there's one more sync and we're done. The apps are syncing BTW; no problem there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomWolsky: Thanks or clarifying! Did you try logging in to iCloud as I suggested above? It isn't supposing to me that it would continue to prompt you if you're cancelling instead. Let me know if that helps! :)

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks brenty. That stops it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that logging into iCloud made iOS stop prompting you. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Intersting thing. The iTunes Store request has started to appear in other apps as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomWolsky: Thanks for following up. I used to have that same issue more frequently as well. It's less common now, but I still from time to time am prompted to login to iCloud randomly — at least from my perspective.

I'm trying to think back to if there was something that helped me in the past, but I suspect it may have been just on Apple's end. Interestingly, not long ago there was a similar issue on the Mac with iCloud tokens expiring and requiring a fresh login at least daily. That too was affecting 1Password users (myself included) who had setup iCloud syncing, but Apple was able to resolve that.

This is pure speculation, but it seemed like maybe they were making some changes behind the scenes before WWDC, perhaps to prepare for the developer previews of macOS (née OS X) Sierra and iOS 10. Similarly, I can only imagine it's difficult to introduce and support new iCloud features and continue to support users on older OSes without a few glitches. I suspect that they'll be able to iron out these kinks as well, but it may be worthwhile to contact Apple, if nothing else than so they're aware that their customers are having these issues.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

"but it may be worthwhile to contact Apple"

I have. There might be some movement as it seems to be becoming more widespread across developers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Be sure to let us know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.