Looking for the 1Password helper issue

Options
M_C_E
M_C_E
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I see that other people have this problem, but the solution involves going into help and selecting restart. However, when I unlock my 1Password it doesn't show a help button. The preferences button also doesn't appear. I am using Chrome on a Windows 10 computer. My 1Password 6 Beta is for Teams, and it seems to be working for the rest of my group (One other member might be experiencing some similar issues, but for the most part things are working). The other solution says to turn off any security software, I checked this and it is not the culprit. the other thing I tried was I went into 1Password, clicked Settings > Options > Register Browser Extension Helper. But when I click the last button, nothing happens. I would greatly appreciate some help with this.

1Password Version: 6 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1passowrd helper

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @M_C_E, I'm not sure what solution you're referring to, but it sounds like you're having issues with the browser extensions.

To install the browser extension, open this page in your browser

Next, unlock the main 1Password program to enable the extension integration and then open the browser, the extension will work alongside the program.
    Also, Go and Fill is supported now and you can click on the "Browse" button in your Login's details view to perform Go and Fill with your default browser.

If you are seeing No matching items found message in your browser, that's good news. This means the extension is connected and working with 1Password 6 Beta app. It also means that the 1Password 6 Beta app didn't find any Login items that matches the site you're on right now.

The first thing to do is make sure the URL is identical in the Login item's saved URL field and in the browser's address. If it does and it still does not work, please create a separate thread in our Windows Beta forum to let us know the following; the saved URL in the Login item and the URL in the browser.

If I missed the mark, and you have a different issue, please let me know :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @M_C_E,

Just to clarify a few things:

1. The Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper instruction is for 1Password 4, it won't apply to 1Password 6 Beta you're using
    2. The Looking for 1Password Helper means that it cannot find anything to connect to, this is usually a security program interfering between the extensions and the helper in the 1Password app.
    3. The Register Browser Extension Helper doesn't have any feedback, so pressing on it is usually a silent action and if it was working fine, it wouldn't do anything. This will be improved over time.

Can you tell us what anti-malware solution you have installed?

This discussion has been closed.