Sedo.com, report website synapse failure

Hello. 1Password seems to not see any form fields on Sedo.com. A search reveals you were aware of this issue in v5, but that your testing in beta versions appeared to correct the problem. A year later, I don't know if Sedo changed their site or whether the issue was corrected or not, but it still does not get along with 1Password. To complicate matters, Synapse failure occurs when trying to report the website. I have tried with both the front page and the backdoor login (https://sedo.com/login.php3?task=login). Thanks!

Chrome 51.0.2704.106

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @eFlat7

Thank you for pointing out this issue, I have filed a report and I hope we get to a solution. Meanwhile, you can try using Safari for this page, as 1Password is working well on Safari. I'm sorry for the inconveniences that this might cause you. If there's anything else that we can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

ref: OPX-1214

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @eFlat7,

You should also find that Firefox works too. The issue here is the details about the page are large enough that Chrome stops us from sending the details back to 1Password and it works in Safari and Firefox because they don't have the same limit in place. We do hope to find a way around this at some point but it isn't a quick fix and will likely require us to drastically rethink how we communicate between the extension and 1Password, something that will affect 1Password on each supporting platform (Windows and Mac). This isn't to say we don't want to do something, it's just that whatever we do will require changes in the extension, 1Password for Mac and Windows and it isn't a small tweak. You and many others will be very happy though when we can do this as the issue isn't specific to this site but any site that results in an unusually large description of the page (that we use to figure out how to interact with it).

ref: OPX-1150

This discussion has been closed.