iPhone 6S - when asked to login to iCloud or Apple Store, how can 1Password fill in details?

Options
Marsha1111
Marsha1111
Community Member

In iPhone 6S settings / iCloud, I'm asked to sign in to iCloud. How can I get 1Password to fill in the password?
I've set up Safari extension and 1Password in Safari. I'm able to use 1Password for sited, just not when I am requested for a password when I am suddenly requested by iCloud and Apple. I am able to login to Appleid to manage my account from my iMac, but 1Password does not fill in login details on iPhone. 1Password is currently sync'd with iMac.

1Password Version: Version 6.3.1
Extension Version: Don't know how to find on iPhone
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iPhone 6S - when asked to login to iCloud or Apple Store, how can 1Password fill in details?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Marsha1111,

Thank you for using 1Password and taking time to post a question!

Am I right to understand, that you successfully use 1Password extension in the mobile Safari on your iPhone 6S, but can't fill in your password in that pop-up window that appears from time to time, asking for your Apple ID password?

I know those sudden pop-ups in iOS settings are the worst. Unfortunately, there is no way for 1Password to fill your iCloud info in your phone settings. This is OS level limitation we can do nothing about. What you can do, however, is manually launch 1Password, copy your iCloud password, go to settings > iCloud > and paste it there.

I use this workaround myself and it works for me. Of course, it is not as convenient as automatically filling in your credentials with 1Password, but still.

I hope it helps. Ping me if you have more questions, I am here to help! :)

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

It helps, thank you. Slowly getting good at this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad Greg was able to help! be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :)

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

I need my wifi password before I can join my network. Will 1Password always be available to open even though I am not on the net?

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a difficult time logging into 1Password. I have my login details set up in 1Password, but after the password fills in on my browser, nothing happens. If I manually enter my password, nothing happens after clicking. Just figured something out: I don't have an account, I am using a onepassword license. So, how do I login to 1Password to leave a comment other than navigating to this page via an old email from agilebits?

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

To continue: If I have a onepassword license, I do not have an account, right? So I would never be able to login here:

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I think the answer is, I only need to go to support at: https://support.1password.com/

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

I'm finding that logging into many sites from 1Password, it doesn't work. It won't automatically log me in. I can't work out why. If I use the link in 1Password and the password and user name manually, it works fine. What am I missing?

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

I just changed a lot of passwords using 1Password generator. I synchronised with my iphone but the passwords are still the old ones on my phone. How can I update the passwords on my iPhone? Sync does it, yes?

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

I had to manually login to iCloud before Sync would work. Figured it out. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I had to manually login to iCloud before Sync would work. Figured it out. Thanks.

@Marsha1111: I'm glad you were able to login to your iCloud account on your iPhone! It sounds like you may be all set, but I want to answer the rest of your questions in case it helps you or anyone else in the future:

I need my wifi password before I can join my network. Will 1Password always be available to open even though I am not on the net?

If you've already got 1Password setup on a device, you can access your Wi-Fi password (or anything else stored in your vault) without an internet connection. But if you are setting up a new device with neither 1Password installed or an internet connection, you'll need to set that up to sync the data over first.

I'm having a difficult time logging into 1Password. I have my login details set up in 1Password, but after the password fills in on my browser, nothing happens. If I manually enter my password, nothing happens after clicking. Just figured something out: I don't have an account, I am using a onepassword license. So, how do I login to 1Password to leave a comment other than navigating to this page via an old email from agilebits?
    To continue: If I have a onepassword license, I do not have an account, right? So I would never be able to login here:
    Okay, I think the answer is, I only need to go to support at: https://support.1password.com/

Almost, but not quite. Just to clarify, a 1Password license does not have an account associated with it. A 1Password Families/Teams subscriptions does have an account. But also anyone can sign up for an account to participate in the discussion forums. There's no fee for being a part of the community, or reaching out to us if you have a question!

It sounds like you may be trying to reply to forum notification emails. Just so you're aware, we're having this conversation right now on the public AgileBits support forums. You can login to your forum account to start a new discussion or leave a comment on an existing one. Alternatively, you can email us directly at support@agilebits.com at any time.

I'm finding that logging into many sites from 1Password, it doesn't work. It won't automatically log me in. I can't work out why. If I use the link in 1Password and the password and user name manually, it works fine. What am I missing?

1Password won't do anything automatically on your behalf. Instead, you can use the 1Password extension in your browser to have 1Password fill the information for you so you can login — but only when you tell it to. If you're having trouble with that, just let me know where you're running into trouble, and on which device/browser.

I just changed a lot of passwords using 1Password generator. I synchronised with my iphone but the passwords are still the old ones on my phone. How can I update the passwords on my iPhone? Sync does it, yes?

Just be sure that you update the websites with the new passwords too. If you're only saving a new password in 1Password and not with the website itself, it won't actually be your correct password. Otherwise, it sounds like you may have solved this by logging into iCloud as you mentioned above, but be sure to let us know if there's anything else we can help with. We're here for you! :)

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much, Brenty the pirate.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yerrr surely welcome! :pirate: :+1:

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

I'm finding some sites do not login with 1Password. Like, Auspost.com.au and ASIC.gov.au. Is it true there are sites I will need to manually enter data?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Marsha1111,

I'm glad that Brenty managed to answer your questions!

As for the websites like Auspost.com.au and ASIC.gov.au, I can't see see dedicated login forms there. In order for 1Password to fill in your credentials, it needs to know not only what info to fill in, but also to find out ​where​ to fill it in.

Could you please try to fill the info on the page below?

https://auspost.com.au/mypost/auth/#/login

It has a login form and 1Password should be able to do that.

Thanks!

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

H Justgregb, This is the address I have in 1Password. It doesn't automatically sign me in. Oh well, I'll just do it manually. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Marsha1111: As I mentioned above,

1Password won't do anything automatically on your behalf. Instead, you can use the 1Password extension in your browser to have 1Password fill the information for you so you can login — but only when you tell it to. If you're having trouble with that, just let me know where you're running into trouble, and on which device/browser.

I was able to save and fill a test login there with 1Password for Mac and Safari. If you'll let us know the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using and the exact steps you're taking when you run into trouble, we'll see if we can find a solution for you. Thanks in advance! :)

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, it worked. Jeeze I can't believe how much there is to learn. And it is worth it. Thank you so much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.