Edit mode : The Generate Button is hiding the Password field

micgeb
micgeb
Community Member
edited May 2010 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hello,
please fix the edit mode with generate Button. The Button is hiding the Password field.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    I am not able to reproduce this problem, even with the 1Password window resized to be as small as possible. Which version of the application are you using?
  • Ned
    Ned
    edited December 1969
    Version 3.1.3 (build 30645)

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    I just reinstalled 3.1.3 and still can't get this to happen. Is anyone else seeing this?
  • micgeb
    micgeb
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I have 3.2.0 beta 3 build 30649 installed and with 3.1.3 is the same Problem. With full screen I don't have this Problem, but the Window is very big.
    With standard window view the Problem is showing. (show the screenshot)
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I see what you're seeing, but I'm not sure there's a problem being exhibited. Although the Generate button is crowding the password field's entry you can still get to the entire password contents by using the right/left arrows to move within the field. There will always be a length of password that could make it seem as if the entire password is shorter than it really is.

Note that the reason that some might not be seeing this is that the Traditional view is much wider so there's more room for a longer password to be seen.
  • micgeb
    micgeb
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I know with left/right Key on the keyboard, but if you have a long PW e.g. 20 character you must view the window in fullscreen.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    micgeb wrote:
    I know with left/right Key on the keyboard, but if you have a long PW e.g. 20 character you must view the window in fullscreen.

Are you trying to edit the item just to view or retrieve the password for another application? Without entering edit mode you can press the option key on the keyboard to temporarily display the password value, and you can hover over the Password value and click to copy the password to your clipboard for pasting where you need it.
  • micgeb
    micgeb
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    The Shortcut with Option Key is good, but I need the clear PW for another App. Copy and paste is not working all times e.g. wlan pw
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the feedback. The only workaround for this right now is to increase the size of the application window or use the wider layout that gives the details pane more room. I'm sorry I don't have any other alternatives to offer at this time.
This discussion has been closed.