Hello, I'm unable to save any new passwords because the ADD button is greyed out. No vault for savin

AlexanderTuller
AlexanderTuller
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello-

Huge fan on OS & iOS. However, just purchased a PC for business school and am having trouble.

Vault is saved via Dropbox. Did a clean install and am fully logged in (including authenticator). I'm able to see all my passwords/logins etc., but I'm unable to add any new passwords. The "+ADD" button is greyed out.

In Settings > Options > All Vaults > Vault for saving, there is no way to select my Dropbox vault as the location to save new passwords (I think this is the problem), but I'm unable to select anything.

I've done a full reboot, sign in/sign out/etc.

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 6.0.161u
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can't add vault for saving

Comments

• Hi @AlexanderTuller, thanks for getting in touch and thanks for your awesome words about our Mac and iOS versions!

We're currently in beta and focusing primarily on making 1Password for Windows work in the smoothest way possible, especially when sharing your data other platforms you use. Dropbox support is something we will be looking into more but currently a read-only mode for Dropbox is supported within 1Password for Windows. This is why your seeing the disabled + ADD button.

You may well already be familiar with 1Password Families, if not, please have a look at https://1password.com/families as believe it provides the best experience when working with multiple devices and you'll be able to use make a lot more use of 1Password for Windows with it.

Benji

• MikeT
    edited July 2016

HI @AlexanderTuller,

Just to simplify Benji's post here, we only have the read-only support for the local vaults (agilekeychain/opvault) that you add via Dropbox, OneDrive, and/or local drive. They're structurally more complex to support than the 1Password Families/Teams vaults, which is why these former vaults are fully enabled for both read/write right now but it is somewhat limited, as in you cannot add attachments or custom fields yet.

We are incrementally adding support over time for both vault types. We are targeting for 1Password Families/Teams first, which will be the default support in the first stable version update next month. Write support for local vaults are going to be added later.

This discussion has been closed.