Windows: Cannot find helper and proxy issue

Options
corbetta
corbetta
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi - I have set up an account and all is working fine on my iMac and iPad - but when I install the Chrome Extension on my Windows machine, it says it cannot find the 'helper'. So I installed the Windows app on my laptop, and I expected it to just ask me for my login details, but it only seems to want to be able to import an existing keychain from the local machine or a backup, or set me up a new keychain. Does this mean there is no way I can use my passwords/logins etc on my Windows machine at all?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @corbetta,

There's no stable version of 1Password for Windows that support 1Password Families / Teams right now, we're working to have the first one out by next month.

There is 1Password 6 Beta you can download from here, which will allow you to sign in to your 1Password account and to integrate with your 1Password extension. Right now, 1Password 6 Beta is limited to filling and does not support saving or other features yet.

• corbetta
    corbetta
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike!

• corbetta
    corbetta
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any way of specifying a Proxy Server address during the initial connection to my 1Password account? I have scanned the QR code and entered my master password, but it is unable to connect. As I am at work, I normally specify a proxy server, but there are no Settings or Options on the initial login window - I can log in fine from a browser, just not the Windows Beta App.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Corbetta,

I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum. You can read my post here on how to configure 1Password 6 to use the system's proxy info to connect to our servers. This should work for your proxy configuration.

This discussion has been closed.