sync with dropbox won't start on iOS

Options
allynwstone
allynwstone
Community Member

I had to restore my iPhone and I have always synched with Dropbox. Now when I try to start sync again for 1Password, it just hangs at the "Sync with Dropbox" screen saying "One moment please...." and nothing happens. Ever. Please help!

1Password Version: 6.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync with dropbox won't start

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @allynwstone,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble getting things synced up with Dropbox. Can you tell me a bit more about what “nothing happens. Ever.” means? I know it sounds silly, but how long have you let Dropbox do it’s thing? When you’re setting up the initial sync, it could take significantly longer than a normal sync would. How long depends on your Internet connection and the size of your 1Password database.

If you go back into the app now, is Dropbox still working?

• allynwstone
    allynwstone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan - I'm embarrassed. Sorry. Guess I was just REALLY impatient. I waited for a LONG time last night and after a couple of hours, the sync was about to start working again. Sorry about that!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem at all, and no need to be embarrassed! I think I would have had the same reaction if a sync was taking that long to complete. I'm not sure what would have caused that, but it sounds like it finally completed and is working for you now, so hopefully it keeps working as expected. But if you run into more problems or have any questions, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.