How can I move my current 1Password info into a Team 1PW account my company set up?

Options

I have a 1Password account. My company just set up 1Password for Teams Beta and invited me to join. How can I move my current passwords and info over to the team account? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-admin-getting-started, kb:import

Comments

• Hi @JanineO,

Thanks for writing in. We're happy to help with this.

If you haven't already, you should accept the invite via the link that was in the invite email. This will send you to your browser to create your account.

Next you'll want to make sure that you're using a version of 1Password on your desktop that is Teams-compatible. If you're using a Mac, then that means you should be using 1Password for Mac 6. If you're using Windows, you'll want the latest beta of 1Password for Windows Modern.

Once you've created your 1Password for Teams account, you should login to it in the browser. This isn't technically required, but I find it to be the quickest way to get the account into your 1Password app on your Mac. Once you've logged in to the website, in the top right there will be a menu that you can click on. Click on it, and select "Get The Apps". Switch to 1Password, and go to Preferences to select the Teams pane to add a Teams account. Select "Scan QR Code". Drag the QR code scanning window over the QR code (the 2D barcode) on the Get The Apps pane. This will fill in all of the login details for you except your Master Password. Once it has scanned the QR code you'll get asked for your Teams Master Password. Type that into 1Password and it'll then add your account. 1Password for Teams is now setup in 1Password.

Now comes the part you actually asked about.... moving your passwords onto the Teams vault. That's really easy. All you have to do is select all of the items you'd like to move over, then right click on them. You'll get a context menu with a "Share" option, when you expand it, it'll list all of your vaults. You can choose which vault to move them to, then select if you want to move them or copy them. We have a guide that has images that will help illustrate the process: Moving data from a personal vault to a Team vault

I hope this answers your question. If anything's unclear, please do let us know.

Cheers.

Rick

• lee_kai
    lee_kai
    Community Member
    Options

Moving items to the other vault will lose folder organization from your primary vault.

• Jacob
    Options

@lee_kai This thread is pretty old, and we discourage bumping old threads. Please keep the conversation about folder/tag organization in the thread you created for it. :) Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.