Problem to sync via wifi between Android and Mac

iorbita
iorbita
Community Member

Hello,
I am a 1Password user on iOS and Mac, for the first time I switched to Android.
I tried 1Password demo for Android (version 5.0.1), I did a sync via wifi from my local folder on my Mac running on OS X 10.11.5, synchronization was successful.
Few days after I've done again a sync via wifi and sync failed, I have an error message that tells me to check wifi sync. I renewed several times a new wifi password, but problem persists. I thought that demo version limited some functions so I've bought the Pro version (6.3.3) , but nothing…

I also noticed that it is no longer possible to choose another way to synchronize data, such as Dropbox.

Thank you for your support

PS: I think my problem is similar to this one

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• 5andwich
    5andwich
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Also having sync issue between OS X and Android. But different, after entering key, I enter my master password but it says it is incorrect. It is correct, I carefully typed it ~20 times. I then typed the same one on my mac and viola!

• Hi @iorbita. With 1Password 6 for Android, you can configure sync using any supported method you like. However, once you've configured sync, it's not possible to change the method without resetting or reinstalling the app, which is why you're not able to switch to Dropbox. You can certainly switch to Dropbox if you like. Let's see if we can get Wi-Fi sync working for you first.

1Password 6 for Android doesn't support automatic sync with Wi-Fi, so you need to manually trigger sync before it can occur. Please launch 1Password on your Mac and select Window > Wi-Fi Sync to open the Wi-Fi sync window. Then launch 1Password on Android and, from the Categories list or from any category screen, either swipe down from the top of the screen to refresh the page, or tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner and tap Sync. This will trigger sync on your device.

Once you've done that, 1Password should begin searching the Wi-Fi network for your computer. Can you please follow those steps and let me know how it goes? If you're still having trouble, please let me know if you have any firewalls or antivirus software on either the Mac or Android device.

@5andwich Does your Master Password contain any special characters? Special characters are interpreted differently on different devices, so if you have any of these in your Master Password it's possible that they're being incorrectly interpreted on Android.

• iorbita
    iorbita
    Community Member

Hello Peri and thank you for you support ;)
    I don’t want to change the method of synchronisation, it was just to inform you that I could not sync with Dropbox, apparently it's normal, now I know that I need to reinstall or reset the application.

Concerning my synchronisation via wifi, I did exactly what you have written and I have several times generated a new password, but synchronization stops.
    I noticed that 1Password gives me a message saying that the synchronization was interrupted and gives me this string: Scansione interrotta: _1password4._tcp.
    For your information I have no firewall and no antivirus installed on my Mac (I tried on my laptop and desktop computer) and on my Android smartphone.

Thank you for your support

• Thanks for the update, @iorbita. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?android

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.