Yet another cannot restore pro features

Options
skorvek
skorvek
Community Member

I have been a longstanding 1password customer of both the Mac and iOS versions. I have purchased the pro features in-app years ago. Recently we got new phones (6s) and I cannot restore the features anymore on those new phones.

I purchased the app and the pro features on an old iTunes account via an in-app purchase. I now use a different one for myself but the old one is active and administers the entire family account and holds payment credentials for the family.

I have signed in to iTunes on my device with the old account. I have rebooted my phone and the App Store, settings, and 1PW apps. However, 1PW persists in either asking for my new iTunes credentials or just not asking at all and stating it cannot find a purchase.

I have verified the purchase and account used.

Comments

• skorvek
    skorvek
    Community Member
    Options

I have been a longstanding 1password customer of both the Mac and iOS versions. I have purchased the pro features in-app years ago. Recently we got new phones (6s) and I cannot restore the features anymore on those new phones.

I purchased the app and the pro features on an old iTunes account via an in-app purchase. I now use a different one for myself but the old one is active and administers the entire family account and holds payment credentials for the family.

I have signed in to iTunes on my device with the old account. I have rebooted my phone and the App Store, settings, and 1PW apps. However, 1PW persists in either asking for my new iTunes credentials or just not asking at all and stating it cannot find a purchase.

I have verified the purchase and account used.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @skorvek,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

There are a few possible things that'll cause customers to be unable to restore the in-app purchase:

1. The IAP / v4 app was purchased using a different Apple ID than was used to install 1Password (note this may not be the same ID that is currently logged in)
    2. A refund was issued by Apple either for the IAP or v4 purchase at some point
    3. The customer mistakenly assumes that IAPs can be shared using Family Sharing (Apple does not allow this)

We recently tightened up our checking on these issues, which could explain why you haven't seen the inability to restore the features until now.

Based on the experience you are having it sounds like you may be in camp #1. The solution is to back up your 1Password data and then uninstall the app. Make sure the App Store is logged into the Apple ID you used to make your purchase, and then reinstall 1Password (and restore your data, if necessary):

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.