I'm not being prompted for my touch ID anymore even though that's how I have my account setup

Options
srenz
srenz
Community Member

I loaded this app on my iPhone and set up to access using TouchID, however, it has now started asking me for my Master Password, which I cannot remember

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm not being prompted for my touch ID anymore even though that's how I have my account setup

Comments

• margeau
    margeau
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @srenz,

It sounds like you are stuck. Do you see a fingerprint icon on the screen under the password entry field? The setup instructions (located here, if you want to look them over: https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/touch-id.html ) say:

If you'd like to go back to using Touch ID, just tap the fingerprint icon under the Master Password box to bring up the Touch ID prompt again!

They also mention a password hint. Were you given an opportunity to see your hint?

1PW has an article about the various methods of recovering a master password here: https://support.1password.com/master-password/. If you have a 1Password account or a licensed product used on your computer you might be able to gain access on another device and get to that password. If you are using the app on your iPhone alone your options are limited.

I hope you can find your way back in.
    Margeau

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @srenz ,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been having trouble accessing your database! Unfortunately, Touch ID was never meant to be a complete replacement for your Master Password. It’s important that you do remember it so that you do not get locked out of your database. The link that Margeau shared will walk you through the process of trying to remember your password, and show you how to reset the app if necessary.

I wish I had a better answer for you here, but I hope that the article helps to jog your memory on your Master Password.

• srenz
    srenz
    Community Member
    Options

I received the hint to remember my password which is exactly what I thought it was, however it's not working. Is there a customer service number that I can call and talk to a live person? If I reset the app will I lose all of my info?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for writing back, @srenz. We do not have a call center, but I am a live person, and I'm here to help as much as I can.

You will indeed lose all of the data in 1Password on your iPhone if you delete the app and start over.

• Do you have a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams subscription? (It doesn't sound like it, but I want to make sure)
    • Are you syncing with 1Password on any other device? That is, do you have your 1Password data anywhere else? A Mac or Windows PC?
This discussion has been closed.