Unable to log in using Windows 10 Beta app

joeymooooo
joeymooooo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

After the first screen for "Where is your data?" and selecting "1 Password Account", it displays the login page and nothing else - I can't configure my 1Password Family account.

FYI - I had installed a previous version of the beta a few weeks, and at one point, I was successfully configured and logged in to my account. At one point, I removed my family account (I was just playing around with the app) - after that, I was unable to re-add my account.

Is the data from my previous install cached somewhere? If so, where can I go to delete it and start new?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.0.181
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Family Account
Referrer: forum-search:windows 10

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joeymooooo: Can you tell me what you mean by "I can't configure my 1Password Family account"? For example, are you getting some sort of an error when you try to login? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

• Hi @joeymooooo,

Can you tell me if you're trying to log into your 1Password account at work or if you have a proxy on your computer?

• joeymooooo
    joeymooooo
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Sorry, maybe I could have described better what I'm experiencing...

1. Open app to first screen "Where is your data?".
    2. Select "1 Password Account"
    3. Goes to second screen asking for a password.
      • My current master password is not accepted. (no error message provided, the lock just turns red)
      • I can't find the ability to provide my account information (email, account key, master pass)

@MikeT No, I am at home - no proxy.

• joeymooooo
    joeymooooo
    Community Member

Hey guys, I figured it out. Looks like it was loading the old sqlite DB from my previous install. I deleted it and reopened the app, which allowed me to enter in my account signin information.

Thanks

• Hi @joeymooooo,

Thanks for letting us know, we'll test this again to see why it is sending you to the lock view instead of the sign-in page as it should know you're adding a new account.

I suspect it is because the older database had some record of your previous account. We'll test and see if we can reproduce this by signing out and trying again.

This discussion has been closed.