1Pass iOS v6 >> 1Pass OS X v4 (one time passwords - sync?)

Options
mcg_
mcg_
Community Member
edited July 2016 in iOS

If I have a 1P iOS v6 syncing via Dropbox with active One Time passwords in the Vault, but also sync that same Vault with 1P OS X v4 are the One Time Passwords preserved?

I have 1P iOS v6 on my iPhone4S and have 1P OS X v4 on my Mac.
For the time being I'm stuck on Mavericks so cannot update 1P on the Mac (and subsequently cannot use the 2FA feature on the desktop).

However, I will be updating the iPhone sooner and will want to use the same Vault (with it's active one time passwords) on the new phone, even though the Vault has been syncing with 1P OS X v4.

Will I be able to use OTPs in this scenario?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mcg_,

One-Time Passwords were introduced in 1Password for Mac in version 5.3, so if you’re using an earlier version of 1Password on your Mac, you will not see the One-Time Passwords displayed in the item on your Mac. The fields themselves will still be there, but 1Password 4 for Mac doesn’t know how to properly display them.

To use any One-Time Passwords, you’ll need to look the information up on your iPhone.

I apologize for the inconvenience here, but I hope this helps!

• mcg_
    mcg_
    Community Member
    Options

"The fields themselves will still be there, but 1Password 4 for Mac doesn’t know how to properly display them."

Excellent thank you.

Looking up the One-Time passwords on the iPhone in the meantime will be fine. At least I'll be able to migrate them forward when I update the Mac.

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Megan you are most welcome! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.