Whats the difference between an agilebit Account and Sync via Dropbox

Options
medienvirus
medienvirus
Community Member

Hi,

very cool Software so far - i don't regret that i switched from KeePassX to 1Password.

What i don't understand is the difference between an agilebit Account, which contains also vaults and the sync via Dropbox? Do i really need both? Or can i just create vaults on my Dropbox?

For now i am an 1-Person Startup, but this will change in near feature and i try to establish a good structure for me (personally) and my company.

Cheers & thank you in advance!
Jens

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@medienvirus: Great question! The short answer is that 1Password Teams and the standalone 1Password apps have different strengths and weaknesses depending on your needs... But since you've spelled some of that already, I have a few observations that should help:

• Since you're an individual, a standalone license and Dropbox sync makes a lot of sense...
    • However, since you mention that you plan on expanding your company, it sounds like being able to scale and share information will be crucial...
    • And since we're talking about a company, not only would 1Password Teams be appropriate from compliance perspective, but it will also allow you granular controls over permissions, but also auditing features and guests.

Definitely check it out and sign up for a free trial, and I think you'll be able to see quickly if it meets your other needs (and potential future requirements) as well:

1Password Teams

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.