Any idea when 1Password 6 will be launched for Windows?

I have read it is in beta right now, but can't seem to find out any estimate on when it will be launched.

I am loving 1Password and have been using the 1Password 4 trial, but I need to purchase it soon. I don't want to invest in version 4 if another version is just around the corner. Is there a free upgrade for recent buyers or will I have to wait?

Thanks for any information :)

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2016

Hi @cubly,

The first stable update for 1Password 6 for Windows will be available for 1Password Families/Team customers starting next month. All 1Password Families/Teams customers get all upgrades included at no extra cost, it's a part of the subscription cost.

However, for local vault customers, the initial update will not have full write support for local vaults. This is targeted for later this year and we don't have any information we can share about upgrades yet, it's still a bit too far out. If you buy a license now, there is no assurance that you'd get a free upgrade, you may have to pay an upgrade fee.

• cubly
    cubly
    Community Member

Hey @MikeT,

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.
    How much would it be to upgrade to a newer version? I have no issue with giving you guys some more money for a good service, but obviously I didn't want to invest and then the same again in a month!

Thanks again!

• Hi @cubly,

It won't be the same price for sure, usually, it would be 50% off the price. Right now, if you have a 1Password 1.x for Windows license and it was purchased prior to 2013, you'd be paying half the current price to upgrade to the new desktop license that also includes coverage for Macs. With the new license, you'll be able to install it on all of your PCs and Macs as often as you want.

One thing is that the trial is 30 days and we also have a 30-day money back policy, so you do have 60 days to decide if you'd like the money back. If we release a new upgrade within that timeframe, you can get the new version free.

You can also wait until we release the new version next month and try 1Password 6 to see if you might like a 1Password subscription instead.

• cubly
    cubly
    Community Member

Hey @MikeT,

If I buy a license on PC, do I then have to purchase the pro app version for iOS or will my license unlock them features too?

Thanks.

• Hi @cubly,

The single desktop license only covers the Mac and PCs, it will not unlock the mobile app's purchases, they both require separate purchases. The iOS app is free to download but the Pro package requires in-app purchase.

• cubly
    cubly
    Community Member

Hey @MikeT,

Alright thanks, it's only £9 but thought I'd check! Thanks a lot for the quick responses!

• You're welcome. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.