How to use imported passwords?

Options
Jimmy42
Jimmy42
Community Member

Imported all my passwords from Keychain. Great. Now I want to use them with the Chrome extension - but every time I visit a site, 1Password ask me to input a new entry for the login / password info. How do I tell 1Password that I want to use existing information for the login that was imported from Keychain (doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this...)? Please tell me I know have to copy/paste manually each time?

Thanks.

J.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:importing

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jimmy42

I'm glad to hear that you were able to import your logins into 1Password! You will probably need to save the logins again once in order to be able to use them with our extensions. This is because when you save a login on a page using 1Password, it recovers more information than only username and password. It needs to recover the exact URL, and some data about where the fields are located in the page, if for example you have sign in and sing up side by side, it needs to recover data of which of the fields need to be filled, etc.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this might cause you, but I hope you'll be able to use 1Password and all of its functionalities in no time! If you have any other questions or there's anything else that we can help you with, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.