Why do type ahead search results keep changing so I can't select one?

Options
jonathansullivan
jonathansullivan
Community Member

When I start typing into the search bar on the Categories screen it immediately starts bring back results, just like it has always done. However, since upgrading to version 6 some time ago, I now find that the search takes a long time to settle down. The results keep changing as it finds things and as a result I cannot (reliably) select the item I want until it finishes bringing back results. I used to be able to select the item I wanted (usually a login) almost immediately, but now the list is in a constant state of flux for several seconds. Notably, this does not happen on subsequent searches after 1Password has been open for a while, so it seems related to the first search when you open the app, which of course is how I use it 99% of the time.

1Password Version: 6.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iOS search can't select a result

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jonathansullivan

The more fields you search (and the more items you have) the longer the search will take to complete. When you tap into the search box you should see selectors that say "Search Titles" and "Search Everything." With Search Titles selected you should see much faster results, more along the lines of what you're used to.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.