need to uninstall trial version

Options
kevinvinv
kevinvinv
Community Member

Hello, I tried to import a vid file from splashID and it came in all encrypted... I figured it was b/c I password protected the VID file... so I deleted all those entries and made an unencrypted file... but nothing is imported anymore... either from CSV or VID .

I want to uninstall everything and try again.

Can someone point out how to uninstall 1password 6 trial? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @kevinvinv , Sorry to hear that you are having problems importing data.
    Have you tried restoring from one of your backups — That might solve your problem.
    1Password makes regular backups of your data and these can be accessed via 1Password > Preferences… > Backup.
    Choose a version of the backup that was made before you imported the files that seem to have corrupted the database.

If you still feel that you need to delete your 1Password installation and start over, you will need to —
    • Drag 1Password to the trash
    • Go to Users / ~/ Library / Application Support / 1Password and delete the files there. If you had entered data that you might want to retrieve, you could consider saving the Backups folder, to restore from later (this will require your original Master Password).

I hope this helps, but if you still have questions, there's always someone around to help.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• Hi @kevinvinv ,

If the unencrypted VID file doesn't work, it may be the encoding.

It may need to be changed from Latin to UTF-8. Here's how to do this:

1. Open the TextEdit application
    2. When the prompt appears, open your .vid file
    3. When the file opens, hold down the Option key and choose "Save As…" from the File menu.
    4. Change the Plain Text Encoding Type to "Unicode (UTF-8)"
    5. Uncheck the checkbox that says "If not extension is provided, use…"
    6. Name the file "newimport.vid" (or anything.vid) and save the file.

Try to import that new file into 1Password. It should work this time. If it still does not work, please submit a new diagnostic report using the same instructions as before and we should be able to get to the bottom of it.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• kevinvinv
    kevinvinv
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Guys, I'll see what I can do.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kevinvinv,

I hope that all goes well for you, but if you hit any snags, we’re here to help!

This discussion has been closed.