1Password will not open. Can you help me with this?

Options
Aj25
Aj25
Community Member

1Password will not open. The error message reads “1Password fails to connect to 1Password mini” “Please restart 1Password. If this does not help please contact Agilebits Support.”

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Aj25 , Sorry to hear that you're having problems opening 1Password.
    As I'm not an AgileBits team member, I'm unfamiliar with this specific error message, but problems opening 1Password often result from there being two copies of the app on your system.
    Did you recently install a newer version of the app or do you have a backup that includes 1Password? Please check.
    If you find a second copy, please delete it — simply move it to the trash, do not use an uninstaller app such as AppCleaner, AppZapper, CleanApp, etc. as these may also delete 1Password's supporting files, which can result in the deletion all of your 1Password data.

If the problematic version of 1Password is a backup copy, you can simply delete it and exclude it from further backups — the app is always available for download from AgileBits or the Apple App Store and only takes a couple of seconds to download and your data will still be saved to your backup.

If this does not solve your problem, one of the AgileBits team members will be around shortly to help.

Cheers,
    Rob

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Aj25,

Rob is right, often 1Password can have difficulty connecting to 1Password mini if you have multiple copies of 1Password installed on your system.

I’m assuming since you’ve written in to our site here that restarting 1Password did not help. Was there any additional text in the error message? Have you restarted your computer recently? Often a fresh start will really help.

This discussion has been closed.